Rear quarter/flare question

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Cooleyvol

Rear quarter/flare question

Post by Cooleyvol »

So I have my first FSJ. It's a NT. It needs the usual rockers and rear quarters. My question is this. Given the pic below, should I just cut and out on flares or just get the large patch panel from BJs and not add flares?

I like the WT look but won't add flares if I have to add them and put in the patch panel. I realize there's still some qp work to do even if I can just add flares.

Ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tgreese

Re: Rear quarter/flare question

Post by tgreese »

You understand that the Wide Track Jeeps, both the Cherokee and the J-truck, have wider axles than the NT Wagoneer? Adding wide track flares to a narrow track vehicle without changing axles will look goofy, IMO. The tires will be way in under the body.

Typically when you go with larger tires on a Wagoneer or NT Cherokee, you cut the fenders back a couple of inches. Making the wheel openings a little larger is common, and can be tidy and professional looking, if done properly.

So no, I would not consider flares.
Tim Reese
Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS/PDB, hubcaps.
Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination A/Ts, 7600 GVWR
Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
Dual Everything: '15 Chryco Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk, ECO Green
Blockchain the vote.

Topic author
Cooleyvol

Re: Rear quarter/flare question

Post by Cooleyvol »

Yes, I knew that and thanks for the advice. I'll be adding a 3-4" lift and some 32x11.50s. Will I have any problems with that tire size with a lift and not cuts to the fenders?