Ughhh...350 Dauntless exhaust manifolds needed

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Chubbinius

Ughhh...350 Dauntless exhaust manifolds needed

Post by Chubbinius »

So, true to what I feared...I have to replace both exhaust manifolds on the Pig's 350 Dauntless. Does anyone pointers on where I could find them, or have extras they want to part with?

I have checked locally in San Diego and no parts stores have them...even Napa does not show any in stock for my engine. I even checked the oljeep parts catalog for the part # with no luck. Looked on BJs, TGW, Autozone, Summit, JEGs, etc. No luck.

Z&M Jeeps list a ton of manifolds, but no pictures and I can't figure out which one might work on the Pig.

The passenger side is the one that is really bad, has abig crack going down to the flange where it meets the exhaust pipe. Any tips or tricks to finding some replacements? Thanks for any and all help.
Last edited by Chubbinius on Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1970 1414X Wagoneer "The Pig"
-Custom Special
-Dauntless 350 V8
-D27 front/D44 rear
2006 XK (65th Ann Edition)-DD

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: Ughhh...350 Dauntless exhaust manifolds needed

Post by Stuka »

Its a buick engine, lots of manifolds out there, and ever headers. Just depends if you want to change your downpipes or not. But they don't HAVE to be Jeep specific manifolds. Just may require a bit of exhaust work (easily done by local shops) to get going.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

babywag

Post by babywag »

try salvage yard search...
car-parts.com
somebody relatively close will have 'em
-Tony
'88 GW (aka Babywag)

Topic author
Chubbinius

Post by Chubbinius »

Thanks, gents. Yup, Stuka, trying to keep it the same so I can just connect back to the exhaust that is already there, trying to avoid having to go to the shop again if I can. Tony, taking your suggestion and Stuka's it looks like there may be a couple Buick manifolds in Chula Vista at Standard Auto Recycling, waiting for them to call back and confirm.
1970 1414X Wagoneer "The Pig"
-Custom Special
-Dauntless 350 V8
-D27 front/D44 rear
2006 XK (65th Ann Edition)-DD

Oilburner

Post by Oilburner »

Stuka wrote:Its a buick engine, lots of manifolds out there, and ever headers. Just depends if you want to change your downpipes or not. But they don't HAVE to be Jeep specific manifolds. Just may require a bit of exhaust work (easily done by local shops) to get going.
I'd like to have some headers for my Dauntless tree-fiddy, haven't found any info on what would clear the chasis & tcase tho -