bolts that hold the cab onto the frame

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Hendo2.5

bolts that hold the cab onto the frame

Post by Hendo2.5 »

Does anyone know how to get these things out? they seem to spin in place without moving even after the nut has been removed. the rear ones can be accessed from the top and bottom but there seems to be somethings holding them in place in the floor. I can't even figure out how to access the from ones from the top. They seem to be sealed inside the floor pan. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

fulsizjeep

Re: bolts that hold the cab onto the frame

Post by fulsizjeep »

I think they rust to the rubber bushings. I used a BFH to knock them out once the nuts were off.
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

Topic author
Hendo2.5

Post by Hendo2.5 »

I was trying that on the back ones but needed a bigger FH I guess. I can't get at the top of the front ones though. Are they supposed to be inaccessible from the top?

Phils67

Post by Phils67 »

Spin it with an impact while putting pressure against the nut side of the bolt. Use a hammers head. May take a min but it should spin out like that. Sounds stupid but it works. You have to keep pressure against it and it needs to spin fast
1967 Gladiator J2000, 1998 4.0L OBD2, T18, D20 twin sticks, D44HD/D60, Detroit lockers, 3.73s, 4wheel disc brake, FSSR, Dakota digital, etc.

Topic author
Hendo2.5

Post by Hendo2.5 »

looks like there is a square nut between the 2 pieces of sheet metal in the rear. its too dirty to tack weld to the floor so I may have to cut it out. The ones in the front are still a mystery. could they have originally been welded to the body and just broke loose?

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

They are the same captive floating nut plates. There's a sheet metal cage that keeps the plate from turning when they assembled it. Worthless for removal if the nut's rusty but that wasn't the intent.

Some guys cut through the side of the channel to hold it. I cut a hole in the floor with a hole saw and drilled the bolt out from above.

Too late now but a small hole to allow squirting Kroil or something on the threads might have worked.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.