Caster stock leaf spring

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Atevres

Caster stock leaf spring

Post by Atevres »

I have a 90 degree angular protractor bubble, where can I check my caster angle?
At what point to take the measurement? Does the measurement have to be taken with wheels or in any case the weight on the ground?
Thank you

I have to check all the corners of my front end after the mechanic has changed steering heads and crossbows. Now traveling up 30/40mph is a real danger!
Toe in correct to 1/8 and has improved, but very little. Leaf spring stock 4 sheets (Crown 4 leaf stock TGW)
Tires stock 235 75 15
New steering damper

Steering does not return anything at all to the center, and I think mechanic has done some crap to the steering box, to which I want to disassemble and make all the adjustments of the preloads.

Thank you

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: Caster stock leaf spring

Post by Stuka »

Put it on top of the upper ball joint. Make sure the ground you are on is zero. If not, adjust for whatever slope there is.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

I use the flat on the bottom ball joint. Ive always tried to run mine at 6 degrees or less. My understanding is that as tires get bigger move towards zero. Note: that the Caster should put the front pinion pointing down a little

Topic author
Atevres

Post by Atevres »

Thanks for your time.
Tomorrow I want to make the choice and see how the caster is.