Tailgate switch terminal P#?

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
dissinnick

Tailgate switch terminal P#?

Post by dissinnick »

Does anyone know the searchable term for the wiring terminals on the Tailgate switch?

teamgrandwagoneer .com/tailgate-glass-window-switch-kit-gw-1974-1991/

The ones that connect to these. 90* right angle female terminals...

tgreese

Re: Tailgate switch terminal P#?

Post by tgreese »

The Jeep parts book shows the connector as part of the tailgate switch - not available separately. There is a pigtail that plugs in to the switch and connects to the wiring harness.

Your link won't work with an extra space included http://www.teamgrandwagoneer.com/tailga ... 1974-1991/
(and, being picky ... the link has to start with "www" or "http" to be identified as a clickable link by the forum software. Just FYI.)
I see you fixed it in your duplicate post.
Tim Reese
Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS/PDB, hubcaps.
Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination A/Ts, 7600 GVWR
Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
Dual Everything: '15 Chryco Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk, ECO Green
Blockchain the vote.

Topic author
dissinnick

Post by dissinnick »

Hey thanks for the reply,

(It had some kind of hangup on me trying to post this, i thought it was due to having a hyperlink within my text. So I obfuscated it by removing the protocol and "www." designation figuring anyone could figure it out from there. )

Anyways. Inside my pigtail, one of the 90* terminal connectors seems to have broken, and i am trying to see if that is a terminal in which may have a common place name within the auto electrical industry.

But might just end up soldering it if i cant reproduce one myself. Or maybe find the tailgate pigtail. hmmm might be worth a shot there.

Cheers!

tgreese

Post by tgreese »

You might try a bullet connector. I don't know if they come in right-angle form, but the straight-on type might work if there's enough clearance. Unless you are really proficient, soldering on that part will be risky. The part is expensive, and you'll need a lot of heat and fast action to get a good joint without melting the whole switch. I would first try to get a different pigtail from a Jeep junkyard before attempting to solder.
Tim Reese
Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS/PDB, hubcaps.
Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination A/Ts, 7600 GVWR
Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
Dual Everything: '15 Chryco Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk, ECO Green
Blockchain the vote.

babywag

Post by babywag »

If you're referring to the terminals? You can rob them from power window or power seat connectors.
The connector housings can be disassembled easily.

I've never searched for the pins but this was a common switch style and they can likely be found new with some google foo.
-Tony
'88 GW (aka Babywag)

Tripwire

Post by Tripwire »

cant you just use a connector from a rear door window switch? they are a single switch with a pigtail, i may even have one for you.....PM me

steve
FSJ.ORG JOIN DATE JULY 2000

Tripwire. 86 Grand. Howell fuel Injected 360. MSD Ignition + Dizzy. 727/228 BJ's 2" Lift and 31's

88 Wrangler Howell TBI and MSD - Borla Headers w/ Cat-back + winch and 31's AND a M416 trailer

Washington State