Which cam

Modified FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Arizona___woody

Which cam

Post by Arizona___woody »

Hey guys. I'm new to the Wagoneer/ fsj work I planned on keeping me engine stock but after a hei distributor I want more power. I need help picking my cam and intake. I plain on a Howell injection does anyone have advice or recommendations with a proven setup should I ball out with a full rebuild heads cam and and fi I'm looking to have it be my road tripper and overland vehicle

will e

Re: Which cam

Post by will e »

Welcome! Post up in the fuel injection thread. They may have some ideas for cams for FI. You can get away with a diffenert cam because you don't have to worry about the carb 'signal'.

Check out TITD. A fun time out in the desert and a great way to meet your fellow Arizona folks.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
Arizona___woody

See there is my conundrum I'm not a carb guy but could my motor craft 2150 support a free flowing exhaust and a nice cam in tuscon I need factory emissions so it's up in the air

az chip

Post by az chip »

Arizona___woody wrote:See there is my conundrum I'm not a carb guy but could my motor craft 2150 support a free flowing exhaust and a nice cam in tuscon I need factory emissions so it's up in the air
I will let you know. I am doing a 360 with a 2150 carb. New exhaust and catalytic converter. I did a 3" exhaust after the standard y pipe off the manifolds. On the test run she ran very nice. No emissions test yet. Should be fine.
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

FSJ Guy

Post by FSJ Guy »

As long as it's not a "lumpy" cam, you should probably be fine.

I put an Edelbrock "Performer" cam in my 401 and with TBI, passed Colorado's IM240 dyno e-test with flying colors.

IIRC, at the time, there was a Lunati cam that as slightly better than the Edelbrock, but it was more $$ than I was willing to part with for just a little bit more promised performance.
Ethan Brady

http://www.bigscaryjeep.com

Jeepless, but I still have a lots of old parts in my garage!

Topic author
Arizona___woody

az chip wrote:
Arizona___woody wrote:See there is my conundrum I'm not a carb guy but could my motor craft 2150 support a free flowing exhaust and a nice cam in tuscon I need factory emissions so it's up in the air
I will let you know. I am doing a 360 with a 2150 carb. New exhaust and catalytic converter. I did a 3" exhaust after the standard y pipe off the manifolds. On the test run she ran very nice. No emissions test yet. Should be fine.

Thanks man I appreciate it I kinda wanna stay pure with the carb and the 360 I'll never get good gas mileage but some more grunt would be nice I'm so far impressed with the full size compared to my jku I'm contemplating using the edelbrock intake with a 2 barrel adapter to keep my 2150 for emissions down here wondering with that a cam and a 3 inch exhaust what I would gain and if it would be worth it

Locked and Loaded

Post by Locked and Loaded »

Call Howell. They are great for questions like this.
Drink more Water