Post mount lift

Modified FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Brly

Post mount lift

Post by Brly »

Been reading about lifts for my early J truck. I understand Hell Creek has lift springs. My question is, is it worth saving some dollars and just getting lift springs for the front and flipping the shackle in the rear, possibly adding blocks if the shackle flip isn't enough? Or should I just buck up and get front and rear lift springs? Anybody done it before? It would save a significant amount of money to just get the front springs.
Thanks,
Ben
1966 Jeep J3600 Gladiator - AMC 327/T18/D20

Phils67

Re: Post mount lift

Post by Phils67 »

I have the 4" hell creek kit. Its not a terrible ride. I personally want to go back to stock. If your leafs are good i would gladly take them off of your hands :) in fact i would even consider trading if yours are in really good shape.
1967 Gladiator J2000, 1998 4.0L OBD2, T18, D20 twin sticks, D44HD/D60, Detroit lockers, 3.73s, 4wheel disc brake, FSSR, Dakota digital, etc.

orionstarsin

Re: Post mount lift

Post by orionstarsin »

I just did a SOA and shackle flip on my 74 j10. Because the post mount and weird springs my options were limited. I can tell you it rides a lot rougher in the rear with the shackle pointing down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk