Air pump conversion

Modified FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
fxtechphx

Air pump conversion

Post by fxtechphx »

I recently found out that you can turn an AC compressor into an air compressor for onboard air. Since I live in Az with a black on black Jeep I can't go without AC. My question is can an air pump for emissions be turned into an air compressor?
Tomorrow we may face destiny, we may fight and die and fall to the fires of perdition, but tonight is ours, and we drink and make merry.

RamJetFSJ

Re: Air pump conversion

Post by RamJetFSJ »

No
80 Wag in 73 attire, Ram Jet 350 power

acct21

Post by acct21 »

The emissions air pump is not capable of generating anything on the order of compressor-grade pressures. Think of it like a hair dryer -- seems to move a lot of air, but not under any pressure.
1990 GW with HD towing package -- everything works! (today, anyway)

will e

Post by will e »

Yeah, it won't work. Buy a portable compressor, works fine for most cases. What size tires do you have? I also live in Phoenix (Mesa) we should go wheeling sometime together. When the weather cools I often hit 'Bulldog Canyon' over here in Mesa.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
fxtechphx

Post by fxtechphx »

will e wrote:Yeah, it won't work. Buy a portable compressor, works fine for most cases. What size tires do you have? I also live in Phoenix (Mesa) we should go wheeling sometime together. When the weather cools I often hit 'Bulldog Canyon' over here in Mesa.
I will probably install a small compressor in the back somewhere.
I would love to go wheeling sometime. Its been too long
Tomorrow we may face destiny, we may fight and die and fall to the fires of perdition, but tonight is ours, and we drink and make merry.