Lumpskie's "More Questions than Answers" build

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Topic author
Lumpskie

Re: Lumpskie's "More Questions than Answers" build

Post by Lumpskie »

SemperFIGuy wrote:I didn't see, but are you load testing the battery?

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
Yes sir. (I should say, I believe so) I used this multimeter for the test.

https://www.amazon.com/INNOVA-3320-Auto ... B000EVYGZA
1989 Grand Wagoneer - Rebuilt 360, 2" Alcans, 10" travel Gabriel Guadian shocks.
1996 Land Cruiser - 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo (23psi), Wholesale Automatics 442f, F/R ARBs, 35" Duratracs, ARB Rear Bumper, OME 2" lift, home built sliders and aluminum belly skid
2000 Honda Civic - Integra GSR engine, transmission, shift linkage and axles, 200hp, 33 combined mpg
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 - 437hp/447ft-lb

SemperFIGuy

Re: RE: Re: Lumpskie's "More Questions than Answers" build

Post by SemperFIGuy »

Lumpskie wrote:

That's the only way I know how, as far as I know if your charging at load then you should be good to go.

Topic author
Lumpskie

Re: RE: Re: Lumpskie's

Post by Lumpskie »

SemperFIGuy wrote:
Lumpskie wrote:

That's the only way I know how, as far as I know if your charging at load then you should be good to go.

After driving it during the week, it looks like the issue is fixed! I'm glad I bought the middle grade alternator!
1989 Grand Wagoneer - Rebuilt 360, 2" Alcans, 10" travel Gabriel Guadian shocks.
1996 Land Cruiser - 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo (23psi), Wholesale Automatics 442f, F/R ARBs, 35" Duratracs, ARB Rear Bumper, OME 2" lift, home built sliders and aluminum belly skid
2000 Honda Civic - Integra GSR engine, transmission, shift linkage and axles, 200hp, 33 combined mpg

SemperFIGuy

Post by SemperFIGuy »

Good news

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

twisted frame wrote:I am no expert on charging systems but I know I've tried to drive my truck around for a while to charge up the battery and it hasn't fully come back. Have you put a dedicated battery charger on it to see if it takes a full charge?

Also, I saw that same yellow 2WD Willys pulling truck that you saw above at the Cheshire Fair in Swanzey, NH back in early August. I think it took second place in its class. There is a steady stream of pulling events in New England each summer. I'm not sure of how many events make up their season but a few of these trucks seem to make the rounds and are pulling for points.
I grew up in Swanzey. Man. daycamp at Swanzey Lake. I lived like a mile from the Cheshire fair grounds. Memories, man.
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

Charles Kline

Post by Charles Kline »

Lumpskie wrote:Haha, yeah. It felt like a National Lampoons experience. I got the tree off of Rampart Range Road. I started on the Woodland Park side but ended up pretty far north before stopping. With the lights on, it lights up my whole downstairs now!
Hey Lumpy, I know you're not in Colorado any more but I wanted to ask about the tree you got last year. I really want to get one this year. Any advice on the best route/place to head to? I asked on a CO FB group and someone said Rampart Range was where they go too.

Thanks!

-Charles

Topic author
Lumpskie

Post by Lumpskie »

Charles Kline wrote:
Lumpskie wrote:Haha, yeah. It felt like a National Lampoons experience. I got the tree off of Rampart Range Road. I started on the Woodland Park side but ended up pretty far north before stopping. With the lights on, it lights up my whole downstairs now!
Hey Lumpy, I know you're not in Colorado any more but I wanted to ask about the tree you got last year. I really want to get one this year. Any advice on the best route/place to head to? I asked on a CO FB group and someone said Rampart Range was where they go too.

Thanks!

-Charles
Hey Charles,

Yeah, I started up Rampart Range Road from the South, where I got my permit. By the time I have passed all the Subarus, I was half way up the road. By the time I passed almost all of the f150s, I was 3/4 of the way north. By the time I stopped, I must have been pretty close to the north side of the road. What was nice about starting in Woodland Park was that you could just buy your permit and head straight up. The only advice I have is that, once we got far enough north, we looked for a side road. Since it was blizzarding, we walked down the side road a bit and started finding good trees there. The farther off of Rampart Range you go, the better the trees get. If the snow isn't too deep, you can probably drive some of those roads... but it was at least knee deep and I didn't want to get stuck!

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

Lumpskie wrote:
Charles Kline wrote:

Thanks!

-Charles
Hey Charles,

Yeah, I started up Rampart Range Road from the South, where I got my permit. By the time I have passed all the Subarus, I was half way up the road. By the time I passed almost all of the f150s, I was 3/4 of the way north. By the time I stopped, I must have been pretty close to the north side of the road. What was nice about starting in Woodland Park was that you could just buy your permit and head straight up. The only advice I have is that, once we got far enough north, we looked for a side road. Since it was blizzarding, we walked down the side road a bit and started finding good trees there. The farther off of Rampart Range you go, the better the trees get. If the snow isn't too deep, you can probably drive some of those roads... but it was at least knee deep and I didn't want to get stuck!
I thought most of rampart was closed in the winter? Maybe that was more of the spring thing, that would be a lot of great recreation opportunitys for snow wheeling!

Where in woodland park did you buy your permit?
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

Topic author
Lumpskie

Post by Lumpskie »

Here's the map of where we went. I can't seem to find info on the NFS website on it...

Here's a little Christmas Tree info:
http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsint ... 0Districts

Here's another link:
http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/psicc/abo ... eprd519650

Charles Kline

Post by Charles Kline »

Thanks! I'm excited about doing it this year.

Topic author
Lumpskie

Post by Lumpskie »

Here's the right link... for last year...

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/psicc/pas ... sm9_032551

Maybe they haven't updated the page?

SemperFIGuy

Post by SemperFIGuy »

Best pic ever Sparky

Topic author
Lumpskie

Re: Lumpskie's

Post by Lumpskie »

SemperFIGuy wrote:Best pic ever Sparky

Haha, thanks! I think that one's a keeper as I'm probably not going to have the Waggy in any snow out here!

Charles Kline

Post by Charles Kline »

Thanks for the guidance on the Tree Lumpskie! We ended up going to winter park and it worked out great!

http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtop ... 40#p129276

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Ahh... Christmas tree cutting. *sigh*
Maybe next year for us. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
Lumpskie

Post by Lumpskie »

Charles Kline wrote:Thanks for the guidance on the Tree Lumpskie! We ended up going to winter park and it worked out great!

http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtop ... 40#p129276

Awesome! Glad I could help! (and be a little jealous now that my Waggy has to go into winter hibernation)

Cheapthrills

Post by Cheapthrills »

What a great read lumpskie and some awsome pics

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Topic author
Lumpskie

Post by Lumpskie »

Cheapthrills wrote:What a great read lumpskie and some awsome pics

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Topic author
Lumpskie

Post by Lumpskie »

The latest adventure was my first New England "Nor-easter". We got over 3 feet of snow! My $165, 39 year old snowblower sure came in handy!

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

Seeing those pics, I'm glad I live in middle TN. A 4-7 inch snow, once a year at best is perfect
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

92 Wrangler Islander 4.0/32RH/231 D30/D35 RHD