FastEddie J10 restomod

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Re: FastEddie J10 restomod

Post by sonoraed »

Still vacillating my family thinks indigo blue but I saw a burgundy J10 monster truck once on the web and always thought it was best looking J truck I've seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Guy I follow on instagram (and I think he is a member here) has a J10 that is a really nice blue:

2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

That looks excellent ! There's a Cummings powered blue J20 on the cover of JP this month as well

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

On to the a/c drierImageImage
While at the core support mounted a off the shelf 8.5 x 2 drier with switch port, the trinary switch is a hi/low pressure cut off along with a fan ground circuit that turns on condenser fan at 275 lbs psi
Had to clear the hood latch safety catch so used a reduced barrier #8 steel 90 degree fitting at both ends they have the tightest close curve I could find
The bulkhead plate is off the shelf #6 & 8 o-ring and used part of a existing hole to mount.
Liquid lines from cond to drier to bulkhead are 5/16 aluminum .035 wall tubing, with o-ring beads formed on my tubes n hoses machine, for the bending normally use Imperial Eastman hand benders they give accurate position and angles

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

Fuel linesImageImageImage
Fuel lines are in pressure is 3/8 return 5/16 SS .035, haven't got vent line in yet,tank is from 99 suburban 5.7L 42 gal with oem fuel module,lines coming down from LM7 are oem with -6 AN male flares silver soldered on the ends,fuel filter and bracket oem to the engine (2000 Tahoe) flex line is AN -6 SS Teflon, body will be lifted 1 inch to clear lines under bed

Next fabricate power steering lines/ hoses, while trying to figure out how to this found that the original lines from pump to hydro boost fit pretty goodImage
Line from hydro boost to gear would have worked but engine PCM was in the way, power steering pump is from a 2000 Tahoe 5.7L with hydro boost and has two returns, a little cleaner than using a t- fitting in the returns
Decided to make my own lines from HB no pic's yet

nightglide

Post by nightglide »

Do you have any pics of how you mounted fuel tank? What are you going to use for fuel filter? Thanks
Truck is looking awesome by the way!
77 J10 360/T18/Dana20
Fitech fuel injection
4" Lift....3" body lift....35" ats

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

there is one picture of the tank at the beginning of this story, 99 suburban 42 gallon with with stock straps, will take more pic's and post,fuel filter is oem 2000 tahoe 5.3l will get the part number

Iroc313

Post by Iroc313 »

Can you shoot me a part number on the quick disconnects you're using for the feed and return on the fuel pump?

Great looking project!

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

The fuel module adaptors are from Pure Choice Motors Sports in Lake Havasu AZ, bought something like them the other day for another project from O'reilly's, Russell part #650850 and 640860 3/8 and 5/16 in blue or black, Thanks for the compliment!

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

FuelImageImageImage
Pic's of tank

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

nightglide

Post by nightglide »

Thanks for the pics! I'm wondering if my duels would fit around that tank..........
77 J10 360/T18/Dana20
Fitech fuel injection
4" Lift....3" body lift....35" ats

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

look at some of my other pic's, you can see the pipes coming around the tank, going to have to wrap that section in thermo-tec, gets a little tight,using 2 1/2 stainless x pipe with cats, o2 sensors, stock LM7 manifolds,haven't decided how to do the tailpipe will wait till the bed and bumper are fitted

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

ImageImageImageImage
Just made power steering pressure line from pump to HB, took 4 attempts and 10 feet of 3/8 SS tube to get it, hardest part to find was the 16 mm x 1.5 nut at the HB, other end is 14 mm and autozone had that, hydraulic hose is from O,Reilly's good for 5000 lbs psi, ran the line close to inner fender to be out of the way, when all accessories are installed will be tight
on to line from HB to gear

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

ImageImage
Just wrapped up power steering lines,wanted to run them so they were out of the way and turned out pretty good, the way ports are oriented on the hydro boost makes it hard to do anything super clean, just used trans cooler hose on the return to pump couldn't think of anything creative.
In a nutshell there are four different ways to plump hydro boost in this case with modification could have used oem style ps lines.
Second way would be to convert all ports to -6 AN adapters and use reusable weather head type fittings with sae 100R3 hose.
Third way would be -6 AN as above instead of adapters use banjo fittings at hydro boost / pwr pump and for hose braided SS Teflon with -6 AN female ends.
Fourth way bend up your own lines,I used 3/8 SS but could use mild steel tubing, stick with .035 easier to bend and double flare,also not quite such a rats nest under the hood!

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

nightglide wrote:Do you have any pics of how you mounted fuel tank? What are you going to use for fuel filter? Thanks
Truck is looking awesome by the way!
forgot to mention the crossmember above differential has been moved forward (toward the cab) and welded back in,sorry

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

Doing heater hoses rightImageImageImageImage
Finally setting up the vintage air gen IV evap, ran the a/c lines thru the original hole will and use the oem grommet, lower firewall line has water valve tried hide this valve by doing a 90 degree bend and then a 180 bend under the hinge and then back to valve, heater hose is Vibrant silicone in black, good stuff, at water pump pressure is 5/8 but return is 3/4 vintage air unit is all 5/8's, when I build
this engine will pull those nipples out and tap to 3/8 and 1/2 npt and convert to #10 a/c o-ring fitting, getting close to starting her up and make sure everything works, then pull apart again and start painting!

HeavyMetalThunder_81

Post by HeavyMetalThunder_81 »

Your attention to detail, especially with all the plumbing, is making my OCD happy. Outstanding build :-bd
-Jonny B.
1979 Cherokee Golden Eagle - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
7" lift, 35x12.5x15
AMC 401 - Pro-FLo 4 FI
NV4500/NWFBB/NP205 - Triple Stick'd
F D44 - 4.10, Eaton E-Locker
R M23 - 4.10, Detroit Locker

1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
1979 Wagoneer - Sold
1981 Cherokee Chief - Cubed

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

Thanks Jonny, I am heavily involved in the world of hot rods and muscle cars, where building something different is paramount, this truck will likely never be off road, but will be at car shows next to traditional hot rods and also show my customers what is possible with their cars, custom air conditioning installation is now my profession and after 40 years of auto repair it is a joy to do what I really want!

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

More pichers of the interior AC installion please!
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.