Official non-factory bumper thread

Area for Offroad Modification Tech

MadMax78

Re: Official non-factory bumper thread

Post by MadMax78 »

Here is the one I just had made

MadMax78

78 Cherokee S, Wide Track, 360, TH400, Quadra Trac, TAD's SOA, 35" BFG KM2, Edelbrock Carb & Intake, MSD Coil & Ignition

AJ-4m-PR

Post by AJ-4m-PR »

srobertsfsj wrote:I really like wnyjpgy's bumper on the "family crawler" the best. I would swap in a second.

this is now my inspirations for when i buy my waggy. really nice clean rig. Great Job!! :fsj: :fsj:
-AJ
2013 Jeep WK2

MadMax78

Post by MadMax78 »

Sweet! That is an awesome looking rig. Love the wide trac look on the waggy. Wonder how hard it would be to do that today? All I need now is a wag to perform surgery on. :D
MadMax78

78 Cherokee S, Wide Track, 360, TH400, Quadra Trac, TAD's SOA, 35" BFG KM2, Edelbrock Carb & Intake, MSD Coil & Ignition

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

MadMax78 wrote:Sweet! That is an awesome looking rig. Love the wide trac look on the waggy. Wonder how hard it would be to do that today? All I need now is a wag to perform surgery on. :D
Front would be a bolt on of course.
The rears are a different story of course.
Essentially, the wide track rear flares are added to an enlarged wheel well opening. If metalworking is not a challenge then the hardest part would be to find a suitable donor with good metal. Separate the outer wheelhouse from the inner at the pinch weld then cut an extra 2-3" of body beyond the flares and flange them into your waggy.
I've always wanted to see a widetrac wagoneer because I thought it would look good. Surely does!
1977 Cherokee Chief - The Blair Jeep Project III
A collection of parts flying in close formation

FrankenWag

Post by FrankenWag »

Any more, or new options out there?

BigJ200

Post by BigJ200 »

Here's the one I recently built for my J200

American Vintage 4x4
"Where four wheel drives are a way of life"
www.AV4x4.com

srobertsfsj

Post by srobertsfsj »

Nice BigJ200! that is exactly the one I want for mine. Hopefully you will decide to build a few someday :)
Scott R.

'86 Grand Wagoneer "Super Chief" 5.3L drivetrain/ WT conversion / TT's Fabworks SOA and SF / 37x12.5x17 BFG A/T KO3 http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtop ... 294&p=3364

"After years of being paranoid about my Jeep’s temp going towards that 220F mark, I’m realizing that if it was real problem, Jeep engineers would have painted that area RED." - FSJ Guy

willysdave

Post by willysdave »

Cut the frame horns off, added a boxed section and welded directly to the frame, with provisions for a Warn m15000 winch.Image
1961 Willys Wagon, high compression 383 stroker,custom exhaust, TH400 w/stage two kit, Dana 300, Currie twin stick,LoMax 4:1,D60 front, 14 bolt rear, Discs, E brakes, hydro brakes, PSC hydro assist, ARBs,38 x 14.5 x 17 MTRKs on steel, 4 link front w/ King coilovers, Autometer Phanthom Gauges,Winters shifter, buckets ,old crappy paint with some rust and dents, just the way I like it ;)

Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

Nice! Certainly don't have to worry about dinging your shins walking around the corners either ;)
"Wait, what's on fire!?" KJ7TCT
--------------------------------------------------------------
1976 Cherokee w/t 'Susan' 401/TH400/QT(PT)
FiTech Go EFI, Edelbrock Performer intake
3" Rough Country Springs, HEI Dizzy
-------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 'Sedna'