Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Grand_Wag_85 wrote:Snorkel
Bigger jeeps need Twin snorkel.
Haha

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

MidTNJasonF

Re: Market study for fsj specific off-road gear

Post by MidTNJasonF »

weld on link and coil spring suspension kit designed for the front and rear of the J trucks with common axle option selections in mind. Arms, links, brackets and template or clear dimensions on where to weld or bolt everything on. I would be looking specifically for early frame fitment since there is next to nothing available for them but a semi universal 3 or 4 link setup that could be adapted to an early frame would be workable.

I like the pre bent cage idea as well for those that can't or do not want to invest in a bender, tube notcher, and related tooling. I would want one for a J Truck cab, halo style (front tubes following A Pillar, cross bar at top front windshield frame and rear behind head, maybe even an under dash cross bar).

I think I have heard more than a few requests for metal wide track or just over sized flares from folks.
1964 J-200 360/TH400/BW1339 - "Hodge" - as in Hodge Podge :roll:
GM FF 14 Bolt 4.56:1 Yukon Posi rear / GM D44 4.56:1 front
Looking for 8 lug H1's and 37"s

Tad
Vendor

Post by Tad »

You do realize Marshall has not replied to this thread in almost a year now?
He's a great guy with a great family but most of your ideas require so much specific tooling and research between models I think he moved on to better prospects.

If I'm wrong I will certainly apologize directly to him, but I think a lot of these requests are out of reach for most FSJ parts builders.

Example:
Several of us could build JTruck interior cab roll bar kits, but you would need to be able to weld on the back end of things.
I would sell like 4 a year.
It's not worth my R&D time to do that.
40 per year, yea, I would buy more tooling, but I bet 90% of FSJ customers would bail at the cost.
A collection of 1966 to 1986 parts.
Self Inflicted Flesh Wound
Caddy425/TH400/Atlas 4spd/14B/D60/locked front and rear/Hydroassist/39.5 Irocks
(Join date = Friday the 13th)

My Stuff:
http://www.ttsfabworks.com/
Tech Stuff:
IFSJA WMS Project

tedlovesjeeps71

Re: RE: Re: Market study for fsj specific off-road gear

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Tad wrote:You do realize Marshall has not replied to this thread in almost a year now?
He's a great guy with a great family but most of your ideas require so much specific tooling and research between models I think he moved on to better prospects.

If I'm wrong I will certainly apologize directly to him, but I think a lot of these requests are out of reach for most FSJ parts builders.

Example:
Several of us could build JTruck interior cab roll bar kits, but you would need to be able to weld on the back end of things.
I would sell like 4 a year.
It's not worth my R&D time to do that.
40 per year, yea, I would buy more tooling, but I bet 90% of FSJ customers would bail at the cost.
Sadly your correct and business sense is what often kills the idea.
I do wish a larger company like MD Juan, who builds all sorts of jeep bodies, could build some steel FSJ widetrac flares.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

prospector

Post by prospector »

Bolt-on rocker guards! Simple swing-out tire or gas can carrier that's inexpensive and doesn't require new bumpers. Simple and effective clamp-on roof racks--old school safari style. Rear air deflectors. Steel factory replacement bumpers, paintable.

Phils67

Post by Phils67 »

Steel body parts. I can find fiberglass front fenders, fascia,hood, and rear flares but nothing is available in steel. Maybe replacement cab corners and bed ends by the tail lights. If only these vehicles had the support the big 3 have....wishful thinking i guess
1967 Gladiator J2000, 1998 4.0L OBD2, T18, D20 twin sticks, D44HD/D60, Detroit lockers, 3.73s, 4wheel disc brake, FSSR, Dakota digital, etc.

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

The OP has not logged in here in over two years so I am locking this thread. He's dead Jim.
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac