So Cal "Super Chief"

Show off your FSJ photos and videos!

Topic author
S.D. Super Chief

So Cal "Super Chief"

Post by S.D. Super Chief »

IMG_20160528_20570.jpg
]New to FSJ and first time Jeep owner. Pic of my newly acquired '79 Cherokee Super Chief. I am the third owner and have found only 2 other Super Chiefs on the net. The Super Chiefs were a dealer package which included upgraded 4x4 on the fly as opposed to front lockouts, an auxiliary fuel tank, a 3" lift, upgraded hurricane rims with 33" tires, stereo/CB combo along with special lettering/decals, a class I I I tow hitch and on this particular vehicle the dealer added a front brush guard. Lots of work ahead but it's complete, all original and now all mine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by S.D. Super Chief on Sun May 29, 2016 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tatsadasayago

Re: So Cal "Super Chief"

Post by Tatsadasayago »

Welcome aboard and congrats on your find!
1977 Cherokee Chief - The Blair Jeep Project III
A collection of parts flying in close formation

redwoodgrown

Post by redwoodgrown »

Sweet ride looking forward to seeing what is to come

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Topic author
S.D. Super Chief

Post by S.D. Super Chief »

Thanks Redwoodgrown, I appreciate the feedback!

Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

Looks good! Love those turbine wheels.
"Wait, what's on fire!?" KJ7TCT
--------------------------------------------------------------
1976 Cherokee w/t 'Susan' 401/TH400/QT(PT)
FiTech Go EFI, Edelbrock Performer intake
3" Rough Country Springs, HEI Dizzy
-------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 'Sedna'

Allans

Post by Allans »

Here is mine, 1980 all original no rust with 80k mi. I found it in Missouri originally a California truck

will e

Post by will e »

Great looking ride. I didn't realize the super chief came with the special hood stripe. You both have dual tanks, I wonder if that was included in the package as well?
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Allans

Post by Allans »

will e wrote:Great looking ride. I didn't realize the super chief came with the special hood stripe. You both have dual tanks, I wonder if that was included in the package as well?
Yes the dual tanks were dealer installed

Allans

Post by Allans »

S.D. Super Chief wrote:
IMG_20160528_20570.jpg
]New to FSJ and first time Jeep owner. Pic of my newly acquired '79 Cherokee Super Chief. I am the third owner and have found only 2 other Super Chiefs on the net. The Super Chiefs were a dealer package which included upgraded 4x4 on the fly as opposed to front lockouts, an auxiliary fuel tank, a 3" lift, upgraded hurricane rims with 33" tires, stereo/CB combo along with special lettering/decals, a class I I I tow hitch and on this particular vehicle the dealer added a front brush guard. Lots of work ahead but it's complete, all original and now all mine.
Good luck with your truck!! It took me a while to find out any info on the Super Chief most people have never heard of it.

Overkill SC

Post by Overkill SC »

I was searching Google and came across this post so I had to register. I usually on the other FSJ site. You can check out my Super Chief Saga thread.

Here's my 79 Super Chief. Different rims than S.D. but the rest of the options sound the same. The original roof rack, CB radio and Aux gas tank are all gone and it sports Wrangler mirrors. All done by 1st or second owner. But it is now 401 powered and runs smooth. :D

S.D. - you said you found two other Super Chiefs on the web. Two more besides mine and Allans? I'm always searching for more info.

Allans, did you put the Rhino grill on or did you buy it that way? Doesn't seem like something a dealer would do.

Jonnyworld

Re: RE: Re: So Cal "Super Chief"

Post by Jonnyworld »

Allans wrote:Here is mine, 1980 all original no rust with 80k mi. I found it in Missouri originally a California truck

Good looking jeep. My wagoneer has the same push bumper. Your's is the only other one Ive seen with it. I'm thinking of reinforcing it and fabricating a winch tray to replace the bottom tray. Because i love the factory look.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
82 wagoneer 360 4spd
with a well lubed driveway.
4 inch skyjacker lift

I can fix it or fix or I can fix it where no one else can."

ToolShed

Post by ToolShed »

My 78 Chief came with an axillary tank as well but it's gone now. Can you snap a picture of yours? Nice rig!!
Jim

78 Cherokee Chief W/T 360 4V TH400 D20