Jumbo Grade Road Washoe Valley to Virginia City

Post here to share your FSJ related stories!

Topic author
Renodemona

Jumbo Grade Road Washoe Valley to Virginia City

Post by Renodemona »

6 Rigs made it out for this fairly tame but very scenic run. Pizza was consumed in copious amounts although the craft fair eluded us....for now! Major thanks to everyone who came out! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! Great day, here's some pics!
"Wait, what's on fire!?" KJ7TCT
--------------------------------------------------------------
1976 Cherokee w/t 'Susan' 401/TH400/QT(PT)
FiTech Go EFI, Edelbrock Performer intake
3" Rough Country Springs, HEI Dizzy
-------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 'Sedna'

Lumpskie

Re: Jumbo Grade Road Washoe Valley to Virginia City

Post by Lumpskie »

You have some beautiful pictures, with the mountains in the background. Looks like a good group of rigs too!
1989 Grand Wagoneer - Rebuilt 360, 2" Alcans, 10" travel Gabriel Guadian shocks.
1996 Land Cruiser - 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo (23psi), Wholesale Automatics 442f, F/R ARBs, 35" Duratracs, ARB Rear Bumper, OME 2" lift, home built sliders and aluminum belly skid
2000 Honda Civic - Integra GSR engine, transmission, shift linkage and axles, 200hp, 33 combined mpg
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 - 437hp/447ft-lb

willysdave

Post by willysdave »

Maybe some day I can make one of these !
1961 Willys Wagon, high compression 383 stroker,custom exhaust, TH400 w/stage two kit, Dana 300, Currie twin stick,LoMax 4:1,D60 front, 14 bolt rear, Discs, E brakes, hydro brakes, PSC hydro assist, ARBs,38 x 14.5 x 17 MTRKs on steel, 4 link front w/ King coilovers, Autometer Phanthom Gauges,Winters shifter, buckets ,old crappy paint with some rust and dents, just the way I like it ;)

srobertsfsj

Post by srobertsfsj »

I have a bunch of family in that area. One of these days I will make it out there with the Waggy!
Scott R.

'86 Grand Wagoneer "Super Chief" 5.3L drivetrain/ WT conversion / TT's Fabworks SOA and SF / 37x12.5x17 BFG A/T KO3 http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtop ... 294&p=3364

"After years of being paranoid about my Jeep’s temp going towards that 220F mark, I’m realizing that if it was real problem, Jeep engineers would have painted that area RED." - FSJ Guy

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

my pile DID NOT like that awkwardly compound angle off camber hill in the pic. I was taking it kinda slow and it started to die out. Gassed it up and over and as soon as it hit flat land it shut itself off in protest LOL
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Jumbo Grade with a bunch of FSJ's 3.20.16

Carb didnt like this position, not one bit.

Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

Topic author
Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

Dr. Marneaus wrote:my pile DID NOT like that awkwardly compound angle off camber hill in the pic. I was taking it kinda slow and it started to die out. Gassed it up and over and as soon as it hit flat land it shut itself off in protest LOL
Gotta put that off road kit in your 1406!
"Wait, what's on fire!?" KJ7TCT
--------------------------------------------------------------
1976 Cherokee w/t 'Susan' 401/TH400/QT(PT)
FiTech Go EFI, Edelbrock Performer intake
3" Rough Country Springs, HEI Dizzy
-------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 'Sedna'

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

Renodemona wrote:
Dr. Marneaus wrote:my pile DID NOT like that awkwardly compound angle off camber hill in the pic. I was taking it kinda slow and it started to die out. Gassed it up and over and as soon as it hit flat land it shut itself off in protest LOL
Gotta put that off road kit in your 1406!
That is EXACTLY why I yanked my 1406 off and put a Holley on mine. Even with the offroad kit my jeep would blubber, sputter and die on some of the easiest trails.
Since the swap, my blood pressure has dropped substantially.
1977 Cherokee Chief - The Blair Jeep Project III
A collection of parts flying in close formation

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Yeah, i'm well aware that the 1406, while a great carb, is pretty turrable for anything other than hotrodding around on pavement.

I'd love to do a holley, but im on the cusp of going EFI, possibly, and dont want to invest in a new carb.

nightglide

Post by nightglide »

My 1406, that dr. Marn and myself just rebuilt with the off roading kit, performed flawless on my rig.
I too am going fuel injection so it will probably be for sale soon.........
77 J10 360/T18/Dana20
Fitech fuel injection
4" Lift....3" body lift....35" ats

az chip

Post by az chip »

Dr. Marneaus wrote:Yeah, i'm well aware that the 1406, while a great carb, is pretty turrable for anything other than hotrodding around on pavement.

I'd love to do a holley, but im on the cusp of going EFI, possibly, and dont want to invest in a new carb.
EFI as in TBI?
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

EFI, TBI, FI, yeah something like that.

electronic fuel injection of some form.

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

Renodemona wrote:Image
Is that piggy the pig truck!
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Nikkormat wrote:
Renodemona wrote:Image
Is that piggy the pig truck!
no lol.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/project-vehi ... pig-truck/

Jeeper4life

Post by Jeeper4life »

Very cool, I live in the wrong part of the US..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

will e

Post by will e »

It looks like a great time. That's a rather ecletic group of rigs. Thank you for sharing the pics.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge