Adding pics and bumping threads...

Area to ask questions or post comments related to the main site.

Topic author
Fugly78

Adding pics and bumping threads...

Post by Fugly78 »

I got the general gist of adding pics to my posts, that part is pretty easy, but I noticed that it restricted the size of pic. Is there a way that whatever pic is uploaded it automatically gets resized to the appropriate size for the forum? Otherwise it seems like a considerable task to resize each and every pic that you want to post, or then again, did I miss something?

Or then again, is it easier just to link a pic to an external website like Picasa?

Also, should I just make the mention to you Stuka that I want a thread moved from one location to the other? I started my ignition upgrade thread for advice and show-n-tell, but it seems to be moving more towards a build thread. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Josh Weathers
Gates, Oregon - Gateway to the Cascades

1978 Cherokee Chief (Widetrack) - Soon to have: 383w/TPI Intake/700R4/NP241C - Future Driver
1984 J10 - 360/TF727/NP208 - SOLD

lindel

Re: Adding pics and bumping threads...

Post by lindel »

For the pictures, I just use photobucket. They have an "img" code that you can copy, then just go to the advanced or full editor and click on the "picture" icon. You'll see this - [img][\img] and you'll need to place your cursor between the two center brackets and paste the code you copied earlier. This completely solves the image size/upload issues.

As far as going from a show-n-tell to a build thread, that's for the boss to decide.
Lindel

husker77

Post by husker77 »

If you want to use imageshack I made this thread http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1152

When you upload the pics there is an option to choose the size you want the picture to be.

Topic author
Fugly78

Post by Fugly78 »

Thanks for the info!
Josh Weathers
Gates, Oregon - Gateway to the Cascades

1978 Cherokee Chief (Widetrack) - Soon to have: 383w/TPI Intake/700R4/NP241C - Future Driver
1984 J10 - 360/TF727/NP208 - SOLD

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

If you want your thread moved, just let myself or any of the mods know.

I restrict the size here for a handful of reasons. But if you really want the best quality for your images, its best to host them on a 3rd site. The only advantage to hosting them here is if you pull your photos from that 3rd site offline, they go down. If they are hosted here, they dont.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ