Big Site Changes

Area to ask questions or post comments related to the main site.

Topic author
Stuka
Site Admin

Big Site Changes

Post by Stuka »

Hey guys,

So I am making some big changes to the main page. This is in hopes of getting more actual content on it.

It now has a "recent forum post' column on the right. This will automatically update anytime there is a new post.

You will also see it has a very different look. This is still in a state of flux currently and will be getting further changes.

If anybody has any ideas or comments, please post them!

Thanks!
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
Stuka
Site Admin

Re: Big Site Changes

Post by Stuka »

So this evening I changed templates again. The one I have on now has a lot of customizations that will allow me to do a lot more than with the previous ones.

Also new is a search bar! This will search the entire site, including all tech documents and so forth that get placed onto the site. It will not search the forum however, as integrating that would be a lot of work, and the forum has its own search capabilities.

Long ways from being done, but one step closer :)
2017 JKU Rubicon

srobertsfsj

Post by srobertsfsj »

Looks good Stuka!
Scott R.

'86 Grand Wagoneer "Super Chief" 5.3L drivetrain/ WT conversion / TT's Fabworks SOA and SF / 37x12.5x17 BFG A/T KO3 http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtop ... 294&p=3364

"After years of being paranoid about my Jeep’s temp going towards that 220F mark, I’m realizing that if it was real problem, Jeep engineers would have painted that area RED." - FSJ Guy

ScottsMojo

Post by ScottsMojo »

Sooo refreshing to see someone WANTING to make the forum a better place for all! Brings a tear... \m/

Topic author
Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

ScottsMojo wrote:Sooo refreshing to see someone WANTING to make the forum a better place for all! Brings a tear... \m/
Indeed! :)
2017 JKU Rubicon

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

ScottsMojo wrote:Sooo refreshing to see someone WANTING to make the forum a better place for all! Brings a tear... \m/
There is WANTING at the mother board but there is serious lack of response from the one true Admin, LOL. These are not the droids you are looking for...
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

Topic author
Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

fulsizjeep wrote:
There is WANTING at the mother board but there is serious lack of response from the one true Admin, LOL. These are not the droids you are looking for...
I think he was referring to the site owner, rather than the powerless mods. I have no doubt that you guys would do a lot more to the site if you had the power to do so.
2017 JKU Rubicon

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Yeah, you are probably right. It is an irritating topic.

If it was to catch on fire and burn to the ground or was a ship slowly sinking into the briny deep, I would make popcorn for the show and wrap up the entertainment with a bowl of ice cream.
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

lindel

Post by lindel »

Flint, you'd be sucked in by your proximity to Krista.

In reality, there's not much we could do but watch it burn...maybe bring some brats and beer, but that'd be it.

And yeah, there's a lot of things we could do, and should do to the board, to bring it up to date and make it more functional/user friendly.
Lindel

Topic author
Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Had a busy day today!

You will see quite a few changes from before today. Including the addition of the IFSJA Repository. Which currently only contains mostly interior related documents. Its going to take a little while before I can get them all added. But its a start :)

Also, I am actively looking for pictures of FSJ's to go on the front pages slide show. If you have one that would work, let me know!
2017 JKU Rubicon