2017 FSJ Ouray Invasion

For all discussions related to the annual FSJ invasion of Ouray

Moderators: shimniok, srobertsfsj

derf

Re: 2017 FSJ Ouray Invasion

Post by derf »

I'll have room for a second tent if anyone wants to use the space.
W0JPR

Check out my gear ratio calculator

If you can't fix it with a hammer or duct tape you have an electrical problem.

rainman

Post by rainman »

I knew I could count on this awesome group of people to come through.

I don't really have a planned arrival date but we will have to leave Saturday. Setting up in the dark Tuesday night would be pretty typical for me.

Since we have a 3-year-old that doesn't like to sleep the party spot sounds like a less-than-optimal idea. Trading with nikkormat would be preferred. Wife likes the idea of a cabin but that is a long shot.
1987 Grand Wagoneer
5.2L/46RH/NP229/4"/31s/4.56/ARBs
Current FSJ status: Mostly functional...mostly

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

rainman wrote:It looks like the family and i are going to try to be there. I just need a spot. I already pm'd happytrails but if anybody else is canceling last minute let me know. I've had to cancel last minute a few times so I know how that feels.

Thanks
PM inbound, but let it be known my spot will be open for you Thursday, Friday, Saturday!
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

AMCdealer

Post by AMCdealer »

FYI I'll be there, too, with my wife, RiverRat, in 47B. And our daughter. She doesn't get to go to Ouray by herself! (Bryan and Katelyn for those that don't know.)

Sorry, but I haven't been on any forums much lately.
AKA "SVO42" at IFSJA

AMCdealer

Post by AMCdealer »

Also for good and bad reasons I'll have to be somewhat antisocial on Monday. I got a new job recently (very good) and I can work anywhere I have a decent internet connection (better!) but I won't have enough paid time off for the whole week so I have to put in one day's worth of work on Monday from the KOA. A little silly to be on a laptop on beautiful surroundings but I'll take it over anything else. Better scenery than my living room!
AKA "SVO42" at IFSJA

rainman

Post by rainman »

Nikkormat wrote:PM inbound, but let it be known my spot will be open for you Thursday, Friday, Saturday!
will e wrote:I have 47D on Wed/Thurs/Friday. It's the camp fire spot and I didn't want it to go to a non FSJ person. Let me know if you want it.
It's a great spot, lots of room. The only problem is a bunch of hooligans show up after dark. You never know what you might see. A T-rex, a big dude in something that looks like snuggle pajamas and sometimes folks just fall asleep by the fire. :-bd
So...do we need to get management (KOA) involved or are we going to square things up financially next week?

We're hoping to arrive Tuesday at the latest...I'm sure we'll figure something out.
1987 Grand Wagoneer
5.2L/46RH/NP229/4"/31s/4.56/ARBs
Current FSJ status: Mostly functional...mostly

will e

Post by will e »

Nickormatt is going to head to the office with me on Wednesday. It's easier than trying to move the reservation again. If I happen to be out when he arrives it's no big deal, he can still move into the spot. One of the KOA might come along and ask him if he's paid and he can just explain it to them. They are pretty flexible.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

will e wrote:Nickormatt is going to head to the office with me on Wednesday. It's easier than trying to move the reservation again. If I happen to be out when he arrives it's no big deal, he can still move into the spot. One of the KOA might come along and ask him if he's paid and he can just explain it to them. They are pretty flexible.
Yep what he said.

Do you have the spot Monday/Tuesday too?

will e

Post by will e »

No, I reserved spot 47d for arrival on Wed and departure on Saturday.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

will e wrote:No, I reserved spot 47d for arrival on Wed and departure on Saturday.
Ok, we'll figure it out once we're there. I'll call Dave and see if it's available Tuesday, if it is I'll tack it onto my existing reservation.

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

KOA says that Casey has 47D on tuesday.

will e

Post by will e »

Interesting, maybe his normal spot wasn't available. I know he like his normal spot.

shimniok

Post by shimniok »

New plan for us: Denver to Gunnison Wednesday night. Up early for Thursday arrival around 8 or 9 so we have another day of wheelin'

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
Broken Photobucket image in my post? PM me.
'86 GW "Troubled Child" tc.wagoneer.org
360, TBI, 4" Skyjacker, 33" BFG MTs, WT D44+ARB, WT AMC20 + LockRight, CB 2m 6m 70cm, K0FSJ
The world's first Robotic Full Size Jeep!

tedlovesjeeps71

2017 FSJ Ouray Invasion

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

shimniok wrote:New plan for us: Denver to Gunnison Wednesday night. Up early for Thursday arrival around 8 or 9 so we have another day of wheelin'

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
So no convoy??
We still meeting Friday?

will e

Post by will e »

Any word on fire restrictions?

derf

Post by derf »

Dunno. We're getting a lot of rain up this way (and in Ouray too I think) so that may affect things.

derf

Post by derf »

I did just see on Facebook that Black Bear pass is now open. :-bd

tedlovesjeeps71

derf wrote:I did just see on Facebook that Black Bear pass is now open. :-bd
That's the iconic one, right? Is it a hard trail??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

will e

Post by will e »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:
derf wrote:I did just see on Facebook that Black Bear pass is now open. :-bd
That's the iconic one, right? Is it a hard trail??

It's not technically difficult. As you go over the pass there is an off camber spot that is a little bit blind and be a bit intimidating but the trail is wide and you are not crawling over big rocks or boulders.

There are a couple of narrow spots on the trail but no problems even for a FSJ, you just have to pay attention. Best part is the downhill side is one way so no squeezing over for traffic.

My best Black Bear trip is when I rode shot gun with Casey. He did the driving. I took pictures and got to check out the scenery!

tedlovesjeeps71

Cool. I'd like to do a trail or two providing Walter behaves. Don't plan on doing much since gas ain't free and I'd be super skrewed if I broke something. Mostly just coming to hang out.