Stuff to do before the 2017 Invasion

For all discussions related to the annual FSJ invasion of Ouray

Moderators: shimniok, srobertsfsj

Topic author
will e

Re: Stuff to do before the 2017 Invasion

Post by will e »

Well, getting ready for Ouray is exhausting. Figured out the ball on my buddy's tow rig is 2" and the trailer wants 2 5/8". He lost the key to the receiver lock and the nut spins but takes the ball with it. I was about to go find a big cresent wrench or something when it occured to me I have a 1 1/2" socket and impact. BAM! took it right off. Got the trailer hooked up. Pulled the jeep onto it. Lots of adjusting, it's a borrowed trailer so I am not sure where the sweet spot is. Strapped it down and took it for a spin. Got it up to 65 but nervous as all get out. Last time I towed something was the jeep up to Ouray last year. I figure I have 11 or so hours to get comfortable with it. ;)

It's hot here. Did I mention that? And I am very happy I am streching my time there to 7 full days and two travel days.

The first invasion I joined we showed up for the 3 days and it was fun but it was over too quick!

I should be in the KOA by this time tomorrow. Craig and I are heading up together.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

greatplns

Post by greatplns »

Drive safe. Look forward to seeing everyone.

Riverrat

Post by Riverrat »

Have a safe trip! See you soon!
BethAnn aka T-Rex
2016 JK Unlimited Sport Hydro Blue Pearl
Factory 3.73 gears, 17x9 Tactik steel wheels, BFG KO2 All-Terrains 285/75 R17, Teraflex 1.5" Performance leveling kit, Teraflex front sway bar quick disconnects, Alien Sunshade
Yard full of FSJs that aren't mine :lol: 8-)

az chip

Post by az chip »

The Kia Soul of its time.
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

packed up. Just gotta clean up an rendevous with Craig.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge