Stuff to do before the 2017 Invasion

For all discussions related to the annual FSJ invasion of Ouray

Moderators: shimniok, srobertsfsj

derf

Re: Stuff to do before the 2017 Invasion

Post by derf »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:Worth a try since it costs ya nothing but time? Before ya pull the old one, hit it with one of those infrared thermometers and see if you can detect any blockage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That'll be hard since it has an AC condenser on one side and a full shroud on the other.

On the other hand, if BJs has one in stock I could spring for one of their super duper full aluminum radiators... :idea:

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

Well my Wagoneer will not be coming so we're going to try and fix Wyatt's 89. Here's how it's been sitting since February: Image

What you might ask? Well here is one wheel bearing: Image
Not great, but useable. Here's the other side: Image

Besides that it needs tires and cosmetic work so if all goes well it will be invading!
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

I'm still working on the projects but after doing the budget last night, it ain't looking good for me coming. With the wife's car payment, extra insurance, health insurance, etc... There just isn't anything left. I have reserves this weekend but it's only for Saturday so that won't pay squat. Haven't sold any stuff either so it'll be a miracle if I can make it.

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

That's a bummer. Stuff happens. I had to back out in 2010 and 2014. There is always next year!
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

tedlovesjeeps71

will e wrote:That's a bummer. Stuff happens. I had to back out in 2010 and 2014. There is always next year!
I guess... Sucks because I've been busting my butt trying to get the waggy ready.

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

I hear ya. In 2009 I picked up my Cherokee in February or March. I sent it off to the paint shop. I spent the majority of June working on the Jeep. SOA, motor swap, tranny swap, TC swap, SF. Heck I forget all I did and all of the little issues. 'Fortunatly' we were all forced to take unpaid time off from work so I pretty much got to work on it every day in June. Even the weather cooperated with most days staying in the 90's. Another year I dropped it off to get some work done. They shop had PLENTY of time to get the work done but missed the date so I didn't get to go.

It looks good for this year but stuff happens.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

Got my Holly jet order from Amazon today. Only one jet in the package! First world problems. I have a pair of 61's that seem to work pretty well but thought I would try 60's.

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

Ug, only a few days left and I still need to lose 20lbs and find a thong-cut speedo that matches my suspenders for wearing around the campground.
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

tedlovesjeeps71

will e wrote:Got my Holly jet order from Amazon today. Only one jet in the package! First world problems. I have a pair of 61's that seem to work pretty well but thought I would try 60's.
T-Rex suit is very flattering... Just saying!

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:
will e wrote:Got my Holly jet order from Amazon today. Only one jet in the package! First world problems. I have a pair of 61's that seem to work pretty well but thought I would try 60's.

You totally quoted the wrong person! :lol:
Grizzly Locker Rear

tedlovesjeeps71

REDONE wrote:
tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:

You totally quoted the wrong person! :lol:
Urg... I blame Tapatalk. All day long it's been giving me fits. I'll click a post to quote otlr thank it and it gets stuck or magically highlights the post above the one I'm trying to click on. ImageImageImage

But you could probably still rock the T-Rex.

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

Darn it, the punch line I was trying to set up is "If bethann can dress up as a monster then so can I!" :evil:

Bummer about apps giving you fits. And the broke-ness and such. I really with you could make it but I know how life is. Chances are I'll be there, in the cafe, on my computer, doing homework the whole time. But at least I should be there!
Grizzly Locker Rear

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

REDONE wrote:. Chances are I'll be there, in the cafe, on my computer, doing homework the whole time. But at least I should be there!
There are worse places to hang out. If you are coming from Phoenix the temps alone are worth the trip...

tedlovesjeeps71

REDONE wrote:Darn it, the punch line I was trying to set up is "If bethann can dress up as a monster then so can I!" :evil:

Bummer about apps giving you fits. And the broke-ness and such. I really with you could make it but I know how life is. Chances are I'll be there, in the cafe, on my computer, doing homework the whole time. But at least I should be there!
I'm not 100% out yet but it's not looking good. It's a 5 1/2 hour drive each way which is gas money. Assuming no break downs or issues, it's just a matter of getting there. I got plenty of MREs and water can be scrounged. We shall see... Maybe I'll find some luck. Image

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:
REDONE wrote:Darn it, the punch line I was trying to set up is "If bethann can dress up as a monster then so can I!" :evil:

I'm not 100% out yet but it's not looking good. It's a 5 1/2 hour drive each way which is gas money. Assuming no break downs or issues, it's just a matter of getting there. I got plenty of MREs and water can be scrounged. We shall see... Maybe I'll find some luck. Image

We're rooting for ya.

tedlovesjeeps71

Anyone want to buy some gun stuff? have some really nice cleaning kits with a Gerber and led flashlight...
May come off some P-mags.
Surefire lights??

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

Yesterday's progress...

Trailer plated and test driven: Image
One of the new (used, we took the spare tires from all our other jeeps and one from Charles to make a complete set of hubcap wheels) wheels stripped: Image
And a coat of paint! : Image

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

I ordered a set of #60 jets from Amazon. The package only had one jet. They are sending me another pair but I won't get it in time for this weekend to install. I normally rock a set of #61 that Ralphy lent me years ago. He liked running the #60 so I was going to give that a shot.

I think I might just go ahead and install the 61's again for this year and see how it goes. I have made it up the tallest passes, even the little known revolution pass, with the 61's. I will bring the 60's with me and perhaps if there is a quiet time, swap them out.

I hope you all continue to make progress!

derf

Post by derf »

I'm beginning to suspect I have a blown head gasket. I may end up in the XJ again.
W0JPR

Check out my gear ratio calculator

If you can't fix it with a hammer or duct tape you have an electrical problem.

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

derf wrote:I'm beginning to suspect I have a blown head gasket. I may end up in the XJ again.
Why do you suspect that?