2017 Review For Those That Missed It

For all discussions related to the annual FSJ invasion of Ouray

Moderators: shimniok, srobertsfsj

az chip

Re: 2017 Review For Those That Missed It

Post by az chip »

First, I hope I was not the cause of any heartburn over the site that I left. A koa person asked if I was leaving. Only thing on my mind was my wife. I humbly apologize for any problem caused.

I had a great time the short time I was there. Thank you to Mike for taking me on that run. And it was great meeting some new faces to go with the forum names. Beautiful country up there that just does not stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

Gumby

Post by Gumby »

Really hate missing this event. But I keep my fingers crossed in my attempts to return to the San Juans. Year round school is staring to be a PITA. Great job on the assistance to OMR again folks. I will set some of you through the year at some point, if not any of my cross country trips I'll start dropping by when I see a FSJ in a driveway or yard :P
1984 GW 360/727/208.... 4"/ 31"
2004 CRD QC SRW 3500 4X4 (DD)
1983 "project Dubya" (long term)

Gumby

Post by Gumby »

Matt, BTW.... you make me feel really bad about missing out too... I'm just saying.
1984 GW 360/727/208.... 4"/ 31"
2004 CRD QC SRW 3500 4X4 (DD)
1983 "project Dubya" (long term)

will e

Post by will e »

Az Chip, it all worked out, no worries at all.

Goodness I am still 'unpacking' from Ouray. I got the trailer returned yesterday, the borrowed tow rig returned today (after I cleaned it up nice and filled the tank).

I remembered the trash bag in the Jeep this morning in time to put it out for pickup. Whew!

The Jeep needs a wash and it is surrounded by various items that I brought up to Ouray. I am working it but it's so hot and humid here.

But it's all worth it. What a great time. I am really glad I stretched it out to 9 days including travel days. I did trails 6 of those days and even though I broke down twice I had a great time. Thank goodness the Boa of Shame was not available to be passed along back to me. ;)

I am already looking forward to next year.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
REDONE

Post by REDONE »

Gumby wrote:Matt, BTW.... you make me feel really bad about missing out too... I'm just saying.
My dad and I missed you, your kid and your dog too, "Marvin". HAHA! Remember when I thought that's what you said your name was, and then you just let me roll with it for a year?!? :P
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

Will E, do tell us about the Boa of Shame...
1977 Cherokee Chief - The Blair Jeep Project III
A collection of parts flying in close formation

Simba

Post by Simba »

A big thank you to everyone! My family and I had a great time once again! We appreciate the hospitality, food, and great spotting on some trails I would have never had the courage to do alone! It was great to see all those who could make it! Already looking forward to next year!
1976 Wagoneer. Lincoln, NE

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Tatsadasayago wrote:Will E, do tell us about the Boa of Shame...
Those were the days...

ooops, not this one...

This one!
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

will e

Post by will e »

I don't know who has the Boa these days. It was always passed out in good fun. I was the first to recieve it, you could even say it was a 'Revolution' at the time, but I will pass.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Mike, did you get the pink one? I forget which year we started handing that one out. The original was black and went to Todd Grisko "RiverBeast" in 2002. Sean Fay got it in 2007. The rest is kind of agave foggy in my mind. ;)
Flint Boardman

will e

Post by will e »

fulsizjeep wrote:Mike, did you get the pink one? I forget which year we started handing that one out. The original was black and went to Todd Grisko "RiverBeast" in 2002. Sean Fay got it in 2007. The rest is kind of agave foggy in my mind. ;)
I had the Black one, I always thought I was the first! I got it my first year, 2006 I think. It's all foggy...

HOOT

Post by HOOT »

Thanks to everyone who showed up and especially to those who cooked, donated and made me laugh and make the best of what was a horrible time in Ouray. For those wondering what this is about, my dog had a seizure the day I left KY. He had 3 of them Tuesday. When I checked in Tuesday a storm blew up a gust of wind and blew a sign at the office into my brand new car. We rushed to the cabin to get unloaded before it rained and as soon as we were unpacked Rudy had another seizure. I rushed him to the vets office in Montrose and to put it short said my last goodbye to my little boy. Needless to say I was an emotional mess all week there and did very little socializing. Having this happen on vacation sucked but at least I had my friends around me for the week. Had this happen at home I would of had no one around and would probably be much worse off. Soon I'll get him buried next to my little girl Annie. As for the car KOA will be taking care of it. Dave was very understanding of my anger of the first nicks and scratches in the paint. When I get home from Montana I'll get it fixed.
Now I need to get my parts put together and get the J20 there next year. I have cabin 39 reserved already for the week. Been a good time cruising the pavement but I need to get back on the dirt roads.
1980 and 81 J20 melding into a 1980 Utility bed J20. Project cancelled and for sale, found a factory truck.
1980 J20 Utility truck. Replaced above project.
1977 Honcho getting turned into a 1977 J20 Gladoncho.
IFSJA Member #4662 Joined March 28, 2003

We're on a road to nowhere.....

bigun

Post by bigun »

HOOT wrote:Thanks to everyone who showed up and especially to those who cooked, donated and made me laugh and make the best of what was a horrible time in Ouray. For those wondering what this is about, my dog had a seizure the day I left KY. He had 3 of them Tuesday. When I checked in Tuesday a storm blew up a gust of wind and blew a sign at the office into my brand new car. We rushed to the cabin to get unloaded before it rained and as soon as we were unpacked Rudy had another seizure. I rushed him to the vets office in Montrose and to put it short said my last goodbye to my little boy. Needless to say I was an emotional mess all week there and did very little socializing. Having this happen on vacation sucked but at least I had my friends around me for the week. Had this happen at home I would of had no one around and would probably be much worse off. Soon I'll get him buried next to my little girl Annie. As for the car KOA will be taking care of it. Dave was very understanding of my anger of the first nicks and scratches in the paint. When I get home from Montana I'll get it fixed.
Now I need to get my parts put together and get the J20 there next year. I have cabin 39 reserved already for the week. Been a good time cruising the pavement but I need to get back on the dirt roads.
Sorry to hear about your loss, someday I am hoping to make it back.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

HOOT wrote:Thanks to everyone who showed up and especially to those who cooked, donated and made me laugh and make the best of what was a horrible time in Ouray. For those wondering what this is about, my dog had a seizure the day I left KY. He had 3 of them Tuesday. When I checked in Tuesday a storm blew up a gust of wind and blew a sign at the office into my brand new car. We rushed to the cabin to get unloaded before it rained and as soon as we were unpacked Rudy had another seizure. I rushed him to the vets office in Montrose and to put it short said my last goodbye to my little boy. Needless to say I was an emotional mess all week there and did very little socializing. Having this happen on vacation sucked but at least I had my friends around me for the week. Had this happen at home I would of had no one around and would probably be much worse off. Soon I'll get him buried next to my little girl Annie. As for the car KOA will be taking care of it. Dave was very understanding of my anger of the first nicks and scratches in the paint. When I get home from Montana I'll get it fixed.
Wow, that is a rough week. Sorry to hear about the loss of your dog :(
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

jsinajeep

Post by jsinajeep »

You know we are all there for you if or when you need us.

Topic author
REDONE

Post by REDONE »

Poor Rudy (hoots dog). He really did hate Ouray. He was a good little guy and I'm glad I got to meet him!
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

Simba

Post by Simba »

Hoot, Didn't get to talk to you much but very sorry about your dog, I understand how hard this can be. As a fellow "car guy" sorry about the first dings too!
1976 Wagoneer. Lincoln, NE

will e

Post by will e »

Hoot gets a couple of small scratches on his car and next thing you know....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrvOWd- ... e=youtu.be
Last edited by will e on Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Many condolences HOOT. :( Rudy was a wonderful dog. Glad you got the scratch and ding lined out with Dave. :-bd
Flint Boardman

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Man, that sucks. Sorry HOoT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk