To do list before Ouray

For all discussions related to the annual FSJ invasion of Ouray

Moderators: shimniok, srobertsfsj

Topic author
will e

Re: To do list before Ouray

Post by will e »

okay, I am pretty much done doing things to the Cherokee here in Phoenix. I am going to load it up on the trailer and head off to Ouray. I will check the fluids when I get there. Too darn hot here in Phoenix!
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

rstep

Post by rstep »

Didn't get to anything on our list so ,I'll settle just to get there for the week.
1977 Cherokee Sold
I Don't own One
Stuff I Make.
http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5620

Austin4x4

Post by Austin4x4 »

Austin4x4 wrote:Finish the body work on the roof, fix a squeaky belt, and add seatbelts. Last one is to make the wife happy.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Well I got the body work done, and installed the seatbelts. Still need to get around to figuring out the belt. Oh and I bought another FSJ, not on the list but it never hurts.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

srobertsfsj

Post by srobertsfsj »

Im jealous, sucks I am gonna miss you guys again this year :(

Planning on next year for sure, hope to see everyone there!
Scott R.

'86 Grand Wagoneer "Super Chief" 5.3L drivetrain/ WT conversion / TT's Fabworks SOA and SF / 37x12.5x17 BFG A/T KO3 http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtop ... 294&p=3364

"After years of being paranoid about my Jeep’s temp going towards that 220F mark, I’m realizing that if it was real problem, Jeep engineers would have painted that area RED." - FSJ Guy

derf

Post by derf »

I've been putzing around on little stuff. Got the Ham radio installed. I'm going to swap out the CB because it's acting up. I have to run the power wire for the fridge but that's a quick and easy run.

I'm going to take a test run up into the mountains this weekend to see how it does with a sustained hill climb and maintaining temperature.

Unless something goes horribly wrong, all I will need to do is load up and head out.

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

So that means the fabled 'Truck Norris' may grace us with an appearance?
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

derf

Post by derf »

That's plan A.

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

derf wrote:That's plan A.
Everyone will need to get their 'Truck Norris' jokes ready.

"Truck Norris isn't stuck, the earth has stopped spinning underneath him".

On another 'to do' for Ouray:
Today I will make up a bunch of the Asia Cocktail ribs to be used for snacking on and off the trail.
Last edited by will e on Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

derf

Post by derf »

My test run up the hill out of Colorado Springs does not bode well.

I'm overheating. And I'm not even to Woodland Park yet. Dropping down a gear helps but not enough.

I may have to punt. Again.

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

Well that's a bummer. What's your current setup? (engine, cooling)

derf

Post by derf »

401, 0.030 over, Holley Avenger EFI, BJs aluminum radiator, mechanical fan with a shroud. Not much more I can do to upgrade the cooling.

shimniok

Post by shimniok »

derf wrote:401, 0.030 over, Holley Avenger EFI, BJs aluminum radiator, mechanical fan with a shroud. Not much more I can do to upgrade the cooling.
Dang, sorry to hear that. That is puzzling indeed. How hot was it getting if I may ask?
Broken Photobucket image in my post? PM me.
'86 GW "Troubled Child" tc.wagoneer.org
360, TBI, 4" Skyjacker, 33" BFG MTs, WT D44+ARB, WT AMC20 + LockRight, CB 2m 6m 70cm, K0FSJ
The world's first Robotic Full Size Jeep!

derf

Post by derf »

I stopped before it got over 225. But it was climbing steadily. I let it cool down while I had lunch.

I'm going to park it for now and decide what I want to do after Ouray.

Good news is that I was able to fit everything in the JK so I should be there on schedule.

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

I will miss seeing truck Norris. But I know one year the truck will make it!

Today I spent a couple of hours putting together the marinade and slicing up the meat for the Asia ribs. Another hour or two in the morning to cook them and then some time sealing them up and we should be good to go!

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

Okay, I got the Asian ribs made. It's a good batch! I have them vacuum sealed and ready for snacking!

I need to pick up some los dos salsa too! And some Alejando's tortillas for cheese crisps!

I also picked up some stuff from the local market. Paper plates, wet ones, little propane bottle. I still have a list. It's hard to believe I will be heading up in in less than 100 hours. Awesome!