Derf's "I ain't taking it home" sale

For all discussions related to the annual FSJ invasion of Ouray

Moderators: shimniok, srobertsfsj

Topic author
derf

Derf's "I ain't taking it home" sale

Post by derf »

So I have a bunch of parts that I want to get rid of. I will be bringing them with me. I want to get rid of them. They will either go home with you or end up in the dumpster at the KOA.

It's hard for me to put a price on most things. Much of the little stuff will be "free-ninety-free", as in "please take it".

I'll go through the boxes over the next couple of days and come up with a better list, along with more pictures.

Highlights:

Timing cover off a 1978 401. In good shape as far as I can tell. Comes with intact oil pump/oil filter adapter. I'll take $20 for it.

Cap/Rotor/Plugs/coil for a TFI upgrade. Used for maybe 5K miles before I screwed up the engine and swapped in the 401 with the MSD distributor. The distributor has been manually converted to lock out all advance (for my TBI controlled timing). $10

See the full writeup at http://www.grimmjeeper.com/TruckNorris/tfi.html

Things for free-ninety-free:

Cover plate that bolt between a TH400 and the engine block (not the removable access cover). I might have two. I know I have at least one.

Oil fill tube with 710 cap.

Pulleys: At least one water pump and one crank, both off either a 78 401 or an 86 360. I think they are the same. Both 3 groove.

Misc. bolts. timing cover/water pump, oil pan, intake manifold, J20 wheel studs, etc.

I know I have more. I'll add more as I get a chance to look through it.

fulsizjeep

Re: Derf's "I ain't taking it home" sale

Post by fulsizjeep »

I would like to get the TC cover.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

Topic author
derf

Post by derf »

It's all yours.

will e

Post by will e »

Last year I brought a bunch of stuff with a 'no offer too low' attitude. Got rid of a bunch of stuff I didn't need (360 TF727 flex plate for example) and made some folks happy. And I have less stuff to store. It was a win win.

Are we going to have a swap meet day/time this year? I think we should! Jerry has to pay for his trip somehow!
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

derf wrote:It's all yours.
Gracias
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

Topic author
derf

Post by derf »

will e wrote:Last year I brought a bunch of stuff with a 'no offer too low' attitude. Got rid of a bunch of stuff I didn't need (360 TF727 flex plate for example) and made some folks happy. And I have less stuff to store. It was a win win.

Are we going to have a swap meet day/time this year? I think we should! Jerry has to pay for his trip somehow!
Maybe have a table at a neighboring site to the BBQ?

Topic author
derf

Post by derf »

I remembered a couple more things.

I have some front turn signal housings and lenses, as well as maybe an extra tail light lens or two.

I also have a few ignition coil brackets.

All will be free to a good home.

jsinajeep

Post by jsinajeep »

will e wrote:Last year I brought a bunch of stuff with a 'no offer too low' attitude. Got rid of a bunch of stuff I didn't need (360 TF727 flex plate for example) and made some folks happy. And I have less stuff to store. It was a win win.

Sure that sound RIGHT, Thanks

jsinajeep

Post by jsinajeep »

Heck, I will give you $10.00 just for the red wires on the dist cap

will e

Post by will e »

When did we do it last year? It was Friday morning I think?
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

toothofwar

Post by toothofwar »

derf wrote:I remembered a couple more things.

I have some front turn signal housings and lenses, as well as maybe an extra tail light lens or two.

I also have a few ignition coil brackets.

All will be free to a good home.
I sure would be interested in the turn signal housings and lenses. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend, but maybe we can work out some shipping?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Hatchet Jack

Post by Hatchet Jack »

I will be more than happy to rifle thru the aforementioned boxes :D

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead »

Last time we went to one of Derf's sales, my son ended up with a black Wagoneer. :D

78 Arizona Chief

Post by 78 Arizona Chief »

Just checking in to see if anyone is in need of a set of Cherokee rear wide-track dana 44 axle shafts? They are off-set for the quadratrac. I got two sets so I can let one go. Don't wanna toss them in if not needed.
Kevin
1978 Cherokee Chief: Parents bought new. 360/TH400/NOS Quadratrac, 44's/ARB's/4.10's, SOA, Shackle Flip, Alcan Springs, FOX 2.0's, 35" BFG KM2s, custom bumpers, 324,000 miles and counting...

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

I'm parting out an 81 Cherokee and an 89 Grand Wagoneer plus have a big inventory of parts. Let me know what you need folks!
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

78 Arizona Chief

Post by 78 Arizona Chief »

Anyone parting out a J-truck? I am looking for a J-10 or J-20 tailgate. Let me know if anyone has one and can bring it to Ouray. Thanks!
Kevin
1978 Cherokee Chief: Parents bought new. 360/TH400/NOS Quadratrac, 44's/ARB's/4.10's, SOA, Shackle Flip, Alcan Springs, FOX 2.0's, 35" BFG KM2s, custom bumpers, 324,000 miles and counting...

toothofwar

Post by toothofwar »

Nikkormat wrote:I'm parting out an 81 Cherokee and an 89 Grand Wagoneer plus have a big inventory of parts. Let me know what you need folks!
I probably already know the answer to this, but any wide track fender flares that's somewhat rust free? I know that's asking for a unicorn, but hey, it's worth a shot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk