Has anyone fine tuned a fitech?

For everything related to using Fuel Injection in an FSJ.

Topic author
ShagWagon

Has anyone fine tuned a fitech?

Post by ShagWagon »

I been running mine for about 10k miles. It runs great but I only get 7.5-9mpg and dont really understand how the best way to set up the parameters for best efficiency is. Maybe I’m already there, but it seems I should be getting better. I just dont have the know on what to set or why. Maybe I just don’t understand the effects of 30” tires,4bbl intake, and performer cams impact on mpg. Not a lot of info out there for AMC360 but maybe we can share and figure out the best base settings for our rigs so I can go from there.
87 Grand Wagoneer Rebuilt 360 by S&J, Fitech GO EFI 600, Novak in-tank fuel pump, Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift, BFG AT KO2 30", Dynamax Muffler, MSD distributor, MSD ignition, Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake, Elgin perf cam, Oil tube mod, Roller rockers, chrome molly lifters, HD alum radiator, Powermaster 150/100 alt, Alum HD water pump, Serhills tailgate harness, Cowl screen mod, Evil Twin grab handles, Rstep's custom AMC door lock knobs, all electrical works.

Topic author
ShagWagon

Re: Has anyone fine tuned a fitech?

Post by ShagWagon »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
87 Grand Wagoneer Rebuilt 360 by S&J, Fitech GO EFI 600, Novak in-tank fuel pump, Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift, BFG AT KO2 30", Dynamax Muffler, MSD distributor, MSD ignition, Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake, Elgin perf cam, Oil tube mod, Roller rockers, chrome molly lifters, HD alum radiator, Powermaster 150/100 alt, Alum HD water pump, Serhills tailgate harness, Cowl screen mod, Evil Twin grab handles, Rstep's custom AMC door lock knobs, all electrical works.

Topic author
ShagWagon

Post by ShagWagon »

TeaBag

Post by TeaBag »

I'm running it and very happy with it. Sounds like I have a similar set up as you. edlebrock 4bbl intake, performer cam, stock heads and exhaust.

I have stock wheels and suspension and get about 10.5 to 11mpg street/highway combined. I would be really surprised if you could get a whole lot better MPG with tuning- considering the weight of the SJ and a 3 speed transmission. Add the drag of big tires and your probably getting the best you can get with 7.5-9.

sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

https://www.fitechefituning.com/

I'm in the middle of installing the Fitech Tripower in 58 Nomad with a 409, this forum and lots of reading has helped understand the unknown