AZ Jeepers ok?

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Locked and Loaded

Re: AZ Jeepers ok?

Post by Locked and Loaded »

Fire station should have sandbags.
Drink more Water

TUDrewser

Post by TUDrewser »

We are calling around looking...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
1990 GW "saved by Jerry" edition
will e wrote:I guess life is better if you are not moving too fast.

Gumby

Post by Gumby »

For what it's worth try a few cans of the flex seal. They claimed it worked during "Sandy", use around the base of your doors up to the level you think the water would get to. I would only use the sandbags to direct the flow of water not stop it, that would require a plastic barrier in conjunction with the sandbags. Getting the sandbags is also a PITA. Good luck folks you sure don't need this round of rain.
1984 GW 360/727/208.... 4"/ 31"
2004 CRD QC SRW 3500 4X4 (DD)
1983 "project Dubya" (long term)

will e

Post by will e »

Goodness Drew! I just opened this thread and saw the pictures. That totally sucks. I wouldn't have thought your neighborhood to be a 'flood area'.

Hopefully the rain this week won't be as much and as fast.

" Thankfully, we DO happen to have flood insurance, ". No that's known as being prepared. You spend the money in case something happens and hoping it never does.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

TUDrewser

Post by TUDrewser »

How are you guys doing with the current rain in Tucson? How heavy is it today? Looks like it's dumping on you.

I have a plan...I think I'm going to board up our entry way and build a flood wall with plywood, then use the Flex Seal that Martin mentioned all around the edges. Them I'm going to flex seal the back sliding door, inside of the garage wall where we cut out drywall, and the garage entry door. As well as exterior walls where we've cut out the inside drywall. Neighbors are all asking if we want sandbags, so I think we'll then sandbag as a first line of defense with our flex seal with second. House oughta look like a fortified armory when done.

rstep

Post by rstep »

Drew we have had rain off and on since 830 last night. So by the time this hits we will already be saturated . Just started to stop over the last hour but it's coming.
1977 Cherokee Sold
I Don't own One
Stuff I Make.
http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5620

Tad
Vendor

Post by Tad »

It's heavier in mid-town than out by rstep's place.
Yard is mud :-(
A collection of 1966 to 1986 parts.
Self Inflicted Flesh Wound
Caddy425/TH400/Atlas 4spd/14B/D60/locked front and rear/Hydroassist/39.5 Irocks
(Join date = Friday the 13th)

My Stuff:
http://www.ttsfabworks.com/
Tech Stuff:
IFSJA WMS Project

TUDrewser

Post by TUDrewser »

Step one done:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

haminawag

Post by haminawag »

Oh man, here it comes again, I feel for all you Phoenixers. I'm waiting for word from friends in Silver City and Cloudcroft, looks like NM is gonna get a bunch of this one too this time around.
Let us not forget what our fathers taught us.

Ham-in-a-Wag
1967 Plymouth Fury
1979 Wagoneer
2000 RAV4

bigun

Post by bigun »

It threatened all day yesterday, finally started in the late afternoon, nice easy rain. When I climbed up in the to bed last night and was getting comfortable I found that nice gentle rain had found away through my MH roof and the bottom third was soaked!

haminawag

Post by haminawag »

bigun wrote:It threatened all day yesterday, finally started in the late afternoon, nice easy rain. When I climbed up in the to bed last night and was getting comfortable I found that nice gentle rain had found away through my MH roof and the bottom third was soaked!
Never trust the weather resistance of a trailer or motorhome, they'll let ya down when it's most inconvenient. Maybe murphy drives a MH...?
Let us not forget what our fathers taught us.

Ham-in-a-Wag
1967 Plymouth Fury
1979 Wagoneer
2000 RAV4