Should I trade my FSJ?

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Re: Should I trade my FSJ?

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

tgreese wrote:
Dr. Marneaus wrote:
SJTD wrote:What does your wife think? That matters more than anything else.
Ding ding ding.

Here's a the big freaking bomb that just got dropped last night as we had "the conversation."

She gets it, I'm over the wag mostly. But heres what she said, after saying if I want the CJ I should get it.

"why dont we sell your wagoneer, and sell my nova, and get something awesome, thats actually worth something, and that we both can enjoy?"

well. god. damn. it. that complicates EVERYTHING.
Mmm. LJ.
Yes, LJ is a dream, but not with this swap. A modern vehicle is an entirely separate fund and deal. If the jeep or the nova or both go, its going towards another classic.

alright guys, start sending the offers on my wagoneer LOL.
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Like I said, if I had a place for your waggy, I would buy it. But sadly, I do not. And I would not want it sitting out in the elements without at least a car port.

I am sure you can find a good home for it. And I hope you hang around here even if you don't have it. I still need to get over to the NV side and meet all you guys (I have only met RenoDemona).
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Stuka wrote:Like I said, if I had a place for your waggy, I would buy it. But sadly, I do not. And I would not want it sitting out in the elements without at least a car port.
Thats the whole other thing. If I sold it I wouldn't have the damnedest clue how to price it.
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

letank

Post by letank »

Dr. Marneaus wrote: Thats the whole other thing. If I sold it I wouldn't have the damnedest clue how to price it.
Check the completed items on ebay... you can even bring it to the bay area and we can park it in those nice neighorhood.

Otherwise getting another classic may be another can of worms... because in the end nobody has figured out why your wagoneer is misbehaving...

As Brandon said, may be time for a get together on the other side of the sierras.. Winter fun festival is January... 12-14th, so the weekend after to avoid to crowds
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Dr. Marneaus wrote:alright guys, start sending the offers on my wagoneer LOL.
I got a dollar. ;)
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

fulsizjeep wrote:
Dr. Marneaus wrote:alright guys, start sending the offers on my wagoneer LOL.
I got a dollar. ;)
And we’re off! Lol

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Yup! :-bd

But honestly. I could see you getting $4-5K for it. Especially in the rust belt. So ask $6-7K. Just a thought. I could be off my meds but that CJ6 is not worth $8K.
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

Shagoneer

Post by Shagoneer »

Ill go even higher than your last bid and offer $10. Thats 10 times what the last guy offered you.

Kidding

Like he said I could see it going for a decent amount, it may just take awhile since the market for them is rather slim.
In the market for a new FSJ

Lumpskie

Post by Lumpskie »

Dr. Marneaus wrote:
Lumpskie wrote:When she says "that we both can enjoy", does that mean 4x4 replacement or muscle car replacement?

Man... I'd hate to see your cool rig go.
could be either or, but we've both been eyeing alot of early bronco's lately.

If you're sad to see it go, feel free to make an offer. I'll drive it to NH for you if you cover gas. No joke. One last hurrah.
Man, if I had the space/willpower/budget, your rig would be awesome with a 2.8RS in it. I'll ask my FSJ buddy over here too.
1989 Grand Wagoneer - Rebuilt 360, 2" Alcans, 10" travel Gabriel Guadian shocks.
1996 Land Cruiser - 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo (23psi), Wholesale Automatics 442f, F/R ARBs, 35" Duratracs, ARB Rear Bumper, OME 2" lift, home built sliders and aluminum belly skid
2000 Honda Civic - Integra GSR engine, transmission, shift linkage and axles, 200hp, 33 combined mpg
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 - 437hp/447ft-lb

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Lumpskie wrote:
Man, if I had the space/willpower/budget, your rig would be awesome with a 2.8RS in it. I'll ask my FSJ buddy over here too.
I dont know what that is but I dont like the sound of it.

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Anyway, I passed on the CJ6.

Forever tethered to this pile.

letank

Post by letank »

Dr. Marneaus wrote:
Lumpskie wrote:
Expensive German stuff, that drains your wallet... unlike our pile($)
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

I wish I had the $$$ to give you for what its worth. She likes Susan already so would be fine parked next to her...
"Wait, what's on fire!?" KJ7TCT
--------------------------------------------------------------
1976 Cherokee w/t 'Susan' 401/TH400/QT(PT)
FiTech Go EFI, Edelbrock Performer intake
3" Rough Country Springs, HEI Dizzy
-------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 'Sedna'

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Renodemona wrote:I wish I had the $$$ to give you for what its worth. She likes Susan already so would be fine parked next to her...
you got money for EFI and Houses, but not for my wag!@!>!>

I see where your loyalties lie! LOL

Adventure_Wagon88

Post by Adventure_Wagon88 »

Dr. Marneaus wrote:Anyway, I passed on the CJ6.

YAY!!

Adventure_Wagon88

Post by Adventure_Wagon88 »

letank wrote:
Dr. Marneaus wrote:
Lumpskie wrote:

I thought he was talking about the Cummins R2.8 crate motor. Which would be far from German. Murrica. Roll Coal. Rock On. :-bd

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

letank wrote:
Dr. Marneaus wrote:
Lumpskie wrote:
The R2.8 is indeed a Cummins 4cyl crate engine that they are selling that is 50 state legal. It may be slighter under powered for an FSJ, but is amazing in something like a TJ or Toyota.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Adventure_Wagon88 wrote:
Dr. Marneaus wrote:Anyway, I passed on the CJ6.

YAY!!
Yeah. Yay. so great. woohoo. happy. wonderful....... :roll:

Now you all ge5t to keep reading and seeing pictures at the cost of my bank account and sanity.

Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

Dr. Marneaus wrote:
Renodemona wrote:I wish I had the $$$ to give you for what its worth. She likes Susan already so would be fine parked next to her...
you got money for EFI and Houses, but not for my wag!@!>!>

I see where your loyalties lie! LOL
But that's why I don't have the $$$ lol you can come to my pub and leave your pile here if that makes it easier. AND you can talk to my new bro-dude neighbor with not one not two but THREE toy haulers!
"Wait, what's on fire!?" KJ7TCT
--------------------------------------------------------------
1976 Cherokee w/t 'Susan' 401/TH400/QT(PT)
FiTech Go EFI, Edelbrock Performer intake
3" Rough Country Springs, HEI Dizzy
-------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 'Sedna'

Lumpskie

Post by Lumpskie »

Stuka wrote:
letank wrote:
Dr. Marneaus wrote:
The R2.8 is indeed a Cummins 4cyl crate engine that they are selling that is 50 state legal. It may be slighter under powered for an FSJ, but is amazing in something like a TJ or Toyota.
161hp and 270ft lbs will roll a waggy... and get 30 mpg while doing it! But bumping the boost and fuel a bit will get you 450ft lbs and 250 hp.... that would be fun.
1989 Grand Wagoneer - Rebuilt 360, 2" Alcans, 10" travel Gabriel Guadian shocks.
1996 Land Cruiser - 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo (23psi), Wholesale Automatics 442f, F/R ARBs, 35" Duratracs, ARB Rear Bumper, OME 2" lift, home built sliders and aluminum belly skid
2000 Honda Civic - Integra GSR engine, transmission, shift linkage and axles, 200hp, 33 combined mpg
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 - 437hp/447ft-lb