Safety Reminder

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
Shagoneer

Safety Reminder

Post by Shagoneer »

Figured I would share today’s experience at work and remind everyone to be safe.

Today we were moving a pretty beefy electric motor around (probably weighs close to 1000 including the housing the base). We were moving it using a the eyebolts it shipped to us with, and a boom on the end of a forklift. While moving it into position at one point it was directly above me as I helped line up bolt holes and guide it into its groove.

When we had it bolted in I took out the eye bolts and found most of them looked like this.Image

So here’s your reminder to be safe, check everything’s condition, and keep McMaster Carr bookmarked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In the market for a new FSJ

SJTD

Re: Safety Reminder

Post by SJTD »

Looks like it wasn't bottomed out against the shoulder.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

SJTD wrote:Looks like it wasn't bottomed out against the shoulder.
My thinking is that it was, but the metal stretched.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

Then they were way undersized for the lift. Not good since the vendor provided them.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Topic author
Shagoneer

Post by Shagoneer »

SJTD wrote:Then they were way undersized for the lift. Not good since the vendor provided them.

My boss has a thing for getting the cheap Chinese version of everything so I’m not surprised by it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In the market for a new FSJ

bigun

Post by bigun »

When doing lifts like that I always make sure I have a route out, and have even been known to get irate with someone who gets in it