Jakes Full Size Jeep Junkyard

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
Tanker

Post by Tanker »

We started the yard roughly 13 years ago not thinking it could get to this level and size. Selling parts all over the US and overseas, not counting tech calls. With that in mind, we are slowly shutting down. Starting Jan 1 2018, we are going back to a you pick you pull yard. Then later on, we will dissolve the yard and be out of it all together. We have GW resto shop to take the bulk of the yard. Then we will figure out the rest. This is being done due to my heath declining and family needs. Its been fun and we will be here but in a slower way. Dont worry we wont go crush happy crushing everything out there.
Hire the handicap there fun to watch. IR1

Adventure_Wagon88

Re: Jakes Full Size Jeep Junkyard

Post by Adventure_Wagon88 »

Where in NC is this? I might have to stop by on a visit to my friend in TN if it's anywhere close to along the way.

Topic author
Tanker

Post by Tanker »

Near Asheville NC East an hour. If you hear banjos you just past us.

Adventure_Wagon88

Post by Adventure_Wagon88 »

Hah! Nice. I went through Asheville this summer it's not too far from my buddy. Definitely gonna pay you a visit and *hopefully* it will be in my FSJ!

candymancan

Post by candymancan »

Do you have a website or list of what jeeps are in the yard ? Im in northern VA, going to NC is a drive but if its worth it i could go. Just gatta know whats there. What i am in need of are body mounts. And i dont mean the rubber mounts. I need most of the mounts welded to the frame.. A lot of mine are rotted where the rubber is bolted to the body.. The worst are the two in the back by the bumper.. i can push and pull the bumper and the body bangs on the frame because of it. So id need a grand wagoneer with good mounts so i can cut them off and weld them to my Jeep.

I also have bad rust where the shock mounts in the front are. The drivers side is the worst. The frame is cracked thankfully the cracks go into factory holes so it isnt TOO BAD.. but it would be awsome if i could cut off the outer sections where the shock mount bolts to the frame.. So i can cut mine off and weld the good sections to my frame. The other side isnt cracked but has a giant hole behind the mount itself.

Also need a not warped cordoven dash pad. Mine is warped in 3 spots badly from the sun. Its one of the the last thing inside that i need to fix/replace. Also wouldnt mind a good cordoven tailgate carpet and good trunk carpet.. I know i should probly buy new.. but new is hundreds.. if i can find a decent original one ill take it. I have a orange tailgate cover on mine lol. Doesnt match the burgendy.cordoven at all but at least its in great shape hah.

Also need a good tailgate glass cover. Mine is cracked and broken its the plastic cover that scews into the tailgate to protect the glass

TBH i wish i had the means to do a complete frame swap but i dont, so cutting out and patching is my only option
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

80widelarado

Post by 80widelarado »

Are there any good 360 engines? I'm only about an hour away from Asheville.

Topic author
Tanker

Post by Tanker »

Good 360s no but we can build one for you.

80widelarado

Post by 80widelarado »

I'm going to send you a message.

Area51

Post by Area51 »

I need the center portion of the front bumper t0 a 1977 Jeep Cherokee. If you have one, I will get there.

Topic author
Tanker

Post by Tanker »

Several center pieces of a 3 piece. From chrome to painted. Near Little Switzerland NC

82CHEROKEE

Post by 82CHEROKEE »

I have an 82 Cherokee (base) with an I6 engine and a 4 spd trans. I'm needing a frame because mine is in really bad shape. Any chance you still have one and if not would you know anyone that does? I'm located in southern WV so y'all aren't too far from me.

1979bettywhite

Post by 1979bettywhite »

Any OEM white wagon wheels and center caps? Need some for a 78 Cherk.