Best Truck Cover for J10?

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
railamer

Best Truck Cover for J10?

Post by railamer »

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I tried a search and anything including "truck" or "cover" was rejected for being to broad. I am going to be buying my first FSJ (most likely a J10) very soon, and I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on the best cover that would fit this truck (with the extended side mirrors)? The truck is in beautiful shape, but can't fit into my garage, so I want to get a good cover to protect it. Appreciate any thoughts or experiences that anybody might have.

Thanks

Tatsadasayago

Re: Best Truck Cover for J10?

Post by Tatsadasayago »

I bought a Budge cover for a 2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette minivan that fit's my Cherokee like it was made for it. Yes, it will accommodate the big 'West Coast' mirrors nicely. The bonus for you is it will fit your truck should you put a shell/topper on it.
To keep the bed part from filling with water, you can add 3 3/4" PVC pieces of pipe across the rails and bungee the bottoms together with those handy non-destructive tarp grabbers.
http://www.budgecovers.com/car-covers/o ... uette/2001

They aren't exactly cheap, but this one has done well protecting the lacquer paint on mine for 3 years.

Jim
1977 Cherokee Chief - The Blair Jeep Project III
A collection of parts flying in close formation