As fate would have it

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

As fate would have it

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

The 74 that I acquired last year and traded away to a member here has come back to me.

Not sure what my plans are but I feel obligated to make sure something good happens to it one way or another.

I'm thinking I'll get it driving and see where it goes from there. If I keep it, pass it on, or what.

Anyway, it went to a good home from me and I want to make sure it gets a good home now that I have it again.

We shall see where this goes!

And home again!

Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

az chip

Re: As fate would have it

Post by az chip »

Honey? Honey, pumkin, sweetie? I LOVE you soooo much. Oh what? The Wagoneer you wanted gone? Sigh. Yes it came back. Is that a straight six in that narrow track?
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Project BOOMERANG!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

az chip

Post by az chip »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:Project BOOMERANG!!!!

Nice one! :fsj:
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

That exact phrase had crossed my mind the other day lol.
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

will e

Post by will e »

Winning!

Congratulations on getting her back. If you love it, let it go, if it ... whatever. ;)
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

This causes one to question your burned outedness on old Jeeps.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

letank

Post by letank »

Dang... I want it... of course now I am a few time zone away for a while... as the posting time suggest, nobody in their right mind is awake so early unless you are many time zones away...
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

SJTD wrote:This causes one to question your burned outedness on old Jeeps.
An opportunity is an opportunity regardless of being burned out.

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

The FSJ gods much see you in good favor. 8-)
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Well i got it fired up again ( i didnt have to do much, just fire it up like anyhting that had been sitting for several months) and have it running on a gas can.

it moves under its own power both forward and reverse, but doesnt stop as its got no brakes, LOL! I'll get working on the brakes after a camping trip this weekend.

I changed the oil added a quart of ATF to the crank case, and let it run for a while. the smoke cleared up nicely after about half an hour, but later it started smoking again. It looked more white or gray but I didnt get a chance to investigate too close. Could still be rings or valves but it did go away for a bit, could have popped a head or intake gasket as well I suppose, so i'll check in on all of that.

anyway, starts up super easy, and idles smoother than my 73....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJeGaFLreNI

tedlovesjeeps71

envy

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Its freakin scary how quickly this thing starts up, and how smooth/quiet it idles right from the get go.

Press the pedal, touch the key, and its running.

Man, why doesnt mine run that well?

Brakes this weekend then it "should" drive.

mgbreis

Post by mgbreis »

It reminds me of mine, except yours has rocker panels and quarters. Hmmm. I guess it really is a DRY heat out your way!

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

Having checked this jeep out up close n personal I can say she's a keeper. Everything on it is original and there is very little that needs fixing compared to other FSJs of it's vintage. I told Dr. M the other day "If I had a place to park it, it would be on the trailer right this moment!"...and I'm not exactly a Wagoneer fan. (Cherokee Chief Snob) :P
1977 Cherokee Chief - The Blair Jeep Project III
A collection of parts flying in close formation

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Picked up a set of 30x9.5 rollers today on 5 alloy jeep rims (5 lug tho) for $20 and will switch em over to the 6 lug rims

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

az chip

Post by az chip »

The other tires were shot? She seems a worthy project.

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

Weatherchecked bigtime after 15 years of sitting in the Northern Nevada elements.
1977 Cherokee Chief - The Blair Jeep Project III
A collection of parts flying in close formation

tedlovesjeeps71

How does $20 convert 5 lug to 6??