Anyone know a good tailgate window seal with felt on it

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
candymancan

Anyone know a good tailgate window seal with felt on it

Post by candymancan »

I just got the inner tailgate seal from omnix ata or whatever their name is and the seal is just a rubber squigy.. No felt at all.. They claim it was oem and built to specs and yada yada.. But it isnt and the main ourpose of getting this was because all my windows are tint. The rear window is so heavy it leans back when rolling up and down so its up against the inner felt seal.. Which is 30 years old and dry rotted and scratching my tint.

With just a rubber seal it will scratch even more so i cant use this junk.

When i look at the pics of the outer seal it has felt on it.. So they either named the products wrong and the inner i ordered is actually the outer seal.. I dunno.. It looks just like the inner seal though.. No idea why the outer would habe felt and the inner doesnt , Seems backwords and i have a feeling whoever designed these new seals was drunk because the felt needs to be on the inner seal

So yea i need a inner seal with felt.. Or is there a process to adding moleskin.felt to this seal i bought
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

Tatsadasayago

Re: Anyone know a good tailgate window seal with felt on it

Post by Tatsadasayago »

The seal sent to you sounds like the outer wipe and it should be all rubber.
I believe I got the inner felt from teamgrandwagoneer because bjs didn't have it at the time.
1977 Cherokee Chief - The Blair Jeep Project III
A collection of parts flying in close formation

Topic author
candymancan

Post by candymancan »

Actually i looked closed.. Outer has felt too on my jeep so both inner and outer have felt.

The ones they sell knly outer have felt.. Its deff an inner seal has the raised metal ridge on it. I just said f it and i removed my old inner seal so now the window rests in the side channles and doesnt touch the inner seal anymore.. So no more scratched tint lol.

rapom

Post by rapom »

That's a good idea :!: , I have a 79 chief that has the rubber inside wiper that has been giving me fits because the clips keep coming off. One of the clips even gouged a 4" long strip of my tint. Removing it may fix the problem. :D

Topic author
candymancan

Post by candymancan »

Yea just remove the dumb thing.. I see no point in having it.. The glass rides in the channles anyway..

Now i gatta redo my tint.. has like a million scratchs on it. and this new seal has no felt so i cant use it.