Those Monsters!!! Crushed a Gladiator!

Area for General FSJ related chat.

deckroid

Re: Those Monsters!!! Crushed a Gladiator!

Post by deckroid »

1984 Grand Wagoneer. V8 360 stock. Mostly original. Repainted 2018 with original Nordic Green Metallic (Flake).

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

deckroid wrote:Check it out... we made FoxNews

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/fans-upset ... new-pickup
Maybe Feep will offer a rebate to diehard Jeep people who have been traumatized...Image

tedlovesjeeps71

ProTouring442 wrote:
Phils67 wrote:
will e wrote:from the description: "This inoperable 1963 Jeep Gladiator depicted here was sourced via an online scrap sales site. We wish we could have driven it while it was still alive! "

I hope they stopped it before they ruined the grill.
I need to find that scrap site, apparently it is in an airtight dehumidified alternate universe somewhere. I never come across any that aren't 1000lbs lighter than the original curb weight due to lack of metal
CGI touchup of the thing can make a very rusty Jeep look nearly pristine.
No, I believe WillE is correct. We’ve been duped. Something is wrong.
I had thought I saw big window and I was right. Then small window.

Big:
Small:

Very different amount of light coming in.

Then there are the outside mirrors. Drivers side is shown as a chrome towing mirror:
Then it seems to have disappeared:
Then it’s back in black:

Inside image shows a manual tranny shifter. Can’t see in other images if this appears in other shots.
I’m sure if I keep looking I will find more inconsistencies but I have stuff to do. Regardless, something is not consistent with this commercial. I think we’ve been had.
Anyone know the number to Jeep corporate? I’d like to register a complaint.Image

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Its not uncommon to do multiple takes, which would result in multiple trucks being used.

Go watch tremors some time, you can easily see they used multiple trucks.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

HowardT64

Post by HowardT64 »

I did not click on the link...i would have gotten angry...
2016 Jeep Patriot
"Faith"

tedlovesjeeps71

Stuka wrote:Its not uncommon to do multiple takes, which would result in multiple trucks being used.

So you suggest they crushed Multiple J-trucks!?! THAT would be inexcusable. ImageImage

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:
Stuka wrote:Its not uncommon to do multiple takes, which would result in multiple trucks being used.

So you suggest they crushed Multiple J-trucks!?! THAT would be inexcusable. ImageImage
I am :/
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

tedlovesjeeps71

Stuka wrote:
tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:

I am :/
Maybe, and not that this is any better, they crushed a more common J-truck and just CGI'd the small window?Image
Anyhoo, I fired off a message to Jeep. I don’t expect a reply or if I get one, probably just a preformatted response. I’ll post up if I hear anything.

Cecil14

Post by Cecil14 »

Acknowledging the commercial is really the worst thing anyone can do. In that simple act, you are validating their ad decision. The best thing would be to stop buying Jeeps altogether, if you take offense to something they do. Hitting the bottom line is the only way to have an impact.

The more discussions there are about this commercial, the more free advertising Jeep gets. End it now.

aa
1983 J-10 - 4.6L(MPFI)/CS130D/Hydroboost/NV3550/D300/44/44/3.54/Disc-Disc/32s/42 gallon 'burb tank

candymancan

Post by candymancan »

Stuka wrote:
Phils67 wrote:
Stuka wrote:
Come visit arizona or so cal junk yards. Nothing rusts here really.
Here in NY even the brand new trucks are rust buckets after a few years. This new stuff they put on the roads in the winter is like acid. Its really unnecessary. Sand worked just fine. Hell, I would even be ok with salt before this magnesium chloride sh!t. You can literally watch your sheetmetal disintegrate from it. 2 years ago I had a XJ with mint rockers in September and by March they were swiss cheese. Even with weekly washes
Off topic, but thats a reason to buy an F150, aluminum doesn't rust, and unlike say, GM, the frames are e-coated (GM wax coats their frames).

Well our camaro thankfully when we bought it new we had the whole thing undercoated on its unibody

But yea every GM pickup ive seen the entire frame from A to B is rust.. all rust.. its crazy.

I dunno why they couldnt just galvanize it like they did the ZJs.

The two zjs we have have been in va for 21 years and have gotten coated in that salt brine brine every winter to where the entire Jeep is white and i havent experienced any rust on the frame. The only rust ive gotten on them was from sand getting into places and packing over decades keep moisture in a spot
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)