1990 Jeep GW accident

Area for General FSJ related chat.

dodgerammit

Re: 1990 Jeep GW accident

Post by dodgerammit »

candymancan wrote:Tailgate is dmged... look at the outline wood trim .. look on the bottom where the two plugs are.. see the bend in thr trim and metal there... the tailgate was damaged as well.
Damage to the tailgate is very minor. Very repairable. In fact, a new trim piece is probably the worst of it. My point is the entire tailgate isn't torqued and causing the gap. The quarter is.
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

92 Wrangler Islander 4.0/32RH/231 D30/D35 RHD

SJTD

Re: 1990 Jeep GW accident

Post by SJTD »

Idunno. The mashed part doesnt't look bad enough to have bent the tailgate opening that much. In other words, if the taigate opening were bent that badly I'd expect the quarter to be damaged a lot worse than it is.

I wonder if he's got enough slop in the old track and seals for the tailgate to be not fully closed with the glass up. Tailgate doesn't look damaged to me. It wasn't hit and the connection between the frame and tailgate isn't good enough to bend it.

How about more pichers from further back along the panels? Hard to see what's going on with close-ups.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.