Abandoned wagoneer

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
thecantaloupeman

Abandoned wagoneer

Post by thecantaloupeman »

Hi ya'll. So every time I go to the airport I see this awesome wagoneer that looks like it's around a 75. It's been sitting there for 3 years. It hasn't moved and the stuff inside hasn't either so I don't think anyone's been in it. It's in the long term parking and has a checklist of things to do on it. The other day I noticed it has a towing notice and is getting towed on June 1st. The owner clearly hasn't noticed/cared since the note has been there since May 1st. How do I find the owner? I'd love to buy it somehow and I was wondering if maybe the owner passed away and left the truck. What's your guyses advice?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BCRAWLER

Re: Abandoned wagoneer

Post by BCRAWLER »

Here in Canada it becomes property of the towing company after a time. Might want to find out who hauls it away. They cannot just scrap it right away since owner could show up. Also works easier to get papers for it. Towers provide papers to help.
1980 Cherokee,360/727/208, propane powered,unknown lift,31' Adventuro's on Chevy rims,Warn winch
1980 J10,360/standard/208, stepside
1970 GMC 4X4 Pickup, 78 frame, 84 350, Turbo 350/205, patina galore
1986 Blazer K5, 350/205/465 trans
1990 Cherokee XJ, about to scrap for FSJ parts, gone to parts graveyard in sky

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Know any police you're friendly with? Perhaps ask them to run the VIN and see if it turns up as someone. May be stollen, maybe a death by the owner, who knows.

Crankyolman

Post by Crankyolman »

BCRAWLER wrote:Here in Canada it becomes property of the towing company after a time. Might want to find out who hauls it away. They cannot just scrap it right away since owner could show up. Also works easier to get papers for it. Towers provide papers to help.
It works the same way here in Washington, the tow company holds it for a certain amount of time (not long) then sells it at auction with paperwork so you can get it registered.
'72 J4500

will e

Post by will e »

Put a note on it for the tow company to call you.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
thecantaloupeman

Crankyolman wrote:
BCRAWLER wrote:Here in Canada it becomes property of the towing company after a time. Might want to find out who hauls it away. They cannot just scrap it right away since owner could show up. Also works easier to get papers for it. Towers provide papers to help.
It works the same way here in Washington, the tow company holds it for a certain amount of time (not long) then sells it at auction with paperwork so you can get it registered.
What about keys and stuff? If the title is easy enough to get I still might have to replace all of the door locks and ignition system right?

Topic author
thecantaloupeman

Crankyolman wrote:
What about keys and stuff? If the title is easy enough to get I still might have to replace all of the door locks and ignition system right?

tgreese

Post by tgreese »

A locksmith can make keys easily. Locks are for honest people. Or replace the locks. A very minor issue.

I'd focus on tracking it, then getting possession with a title. If there is a lot attendant, I'd talk to him about which towing companies they use, and tip him if he's helpful. Let him know you'd be additionally grateful for any news if something happens.
Tim Reese
Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS/PDB, hubcaps.
Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination A/Ts, 7600 GVWR
Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
Dual Everything: '15 Chryco Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk, ECO Green
Blockchain the vote.

Topic author
thecantaloupeman

tgreese wrote:A locksmith can make keys easily. Locks are for honest people. Or replace the locks. A very minor issue.

I'd focus on tracking it, then getting possession with a title. If there is a lot attendant, I'd talk to him about which towing companies they use, and tip him if he's helpful. Let him know you'd be additionally grateful for any news if something happens.
Alrighty thanks!