Need bumper spare tire carrier for 80 Cherokee chief wide track

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
shytaz50

Need bumper spare tire carrier for 80 Cherokee chief wide track

Post by shytaz50 »

Am trying to find the parts that I need to get my second jeepon the road. It will be 3 weeks since I bought my 1980 jeep Cherokee chief wide track, completely original I call it my Time Capsule, am looking for an offroad front and back bumper the back bumper It has to have the swing out tire carrier for the 15x8 off road version (?) of the factory rim. The Cherokee is from the Original owners in California, by way of Vintage Classic Autos in Denver Colorado, beautiful jeep gray color second paint, ( if I can believe ANYTHING that the salesman said)727 transmission rebuilt 10k, rebuilt steering gear,
transfer case, power steering pump, new RADIATOR. With the stuff they didn't tell me, bad front end oil leaks sitting up for app 13 years, it was still worth almost what I bought it for 19k but to let me start to drive it 1,650 miles back to Tallahassee fl was So Wrong!...... 87, original Miles! I didn't make it to Kansas city Kansas! Motor.... gas in the oil, berring went. ANYWAY I am getting side tracked on the THIRD week of owning it am hauling the motor to get it rebuilt. Am also looking for nerf bars!!!

Chubbinius

Re: Need bumper spare tire carrier for 80 Cherokee chief wide track

Post by Chubbinius »

Congrats on getting a WT Cherokee, but bummer on it breaking down on the way home. In regards to nerf bars, Jeep Cherokee Chief Store has some reproduction ones available here...https://www.jeepcherokeechief.com/jeep- ... d=94219844
1970 1414X Wagoneer "The Pig"
-Custom Special
-Dauntless 350 V8
-D27 front/D44 rear
2006 XK (65th Ann Edition)-DD

RamJetFSJ

Post by RamJetFSJ »

I would look at what bjsoffroad.com has for off-road bumpers. They have a few different style, including ones with swing out spare tire mounts.
80 Wag in 73 attire, Ram Jet 350 power

tgreese

Post by tgreese »

I would look around locally for Jeepers that make these kinds of products (winch mounts, bumpers, roll bars, bull bars, rock rails, etc) as a side business. Sometimes they have a shop, sometimes they work out of their homes. Check your local Jeep/4x4 forums for recommendations.
Tim Reese
Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS/PDB, hubcaps.
Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination A/Ts, 7600 GVWR
Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
Dual Everything: '15 Chryco Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk, ECO Green
Blockchain the vote.

Curly

Post by Curly »

For a back bumper, contact Evil Twin Fab. They custom made a dual swing tire carrier for me. Tire on the left, gas and water on the right. Nice work, in Tucson, Az. http://eviltwinfab.com/
I start what I finish.

81 Wagoneer 4.2/auto
77 Cherokee S 360/Auto/QT
97 Jeep Wrangler