Made the move from IFSJA.org..

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
seventynine

Made the move from IFSJA.org..

Post by seventynine »

...well actually...I'm still there too but there doesn't seem to be much traffic over there these days. I Joined IFSJA.org back in 2003 but I actually go back to the late nineties when it was just an email list.

I still have all my Jeeps...I've just been neglecting them a bit in the last couple of years. Just ordered a bunch of parts to get them all road/trail worthy again. They don't need much. The enthusiasm has returned!

Cheers!
Dean

'79 J10
'77 Cherokee Chief
'79 CJ-7
'79 CJ-5
'46 CJ-2A
'93 ZJ Limted
'79 Cherokee Chief (traded for the J10)
'79 Wagoneer (RIP)
'13 FLSTN Softail Deluxe

j10jim

Re: Made the move from IFSJA.org..

Post by j10jim »

Welcome back!
1980 J10/20
Rusty's 4" lift, 2" body lift, old Cliffhanger front bumper, 35" tires, 65 dash w Speedhut gauges.
Xtrusion Overland rack system, Tepui tent, 1/2 decked system.

LONG time member of ifsja.org, FSJ-List and some others...

derf

Post by derf »

Welcome. You may recognize a few names from the old IFSJA days. Some of us still post on IFSJA sometimes but spend more time here.

will e

Post by will e »

I have the same user name on both. :) Welcome to the fray. We are also suffering a bit from Facebook taking away a lot of our type of traffic but we get pretty good usage.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
seventynine

Post by seventynine »

Cool thanks guys. Yeah I kept my same username here. I'm a member of a couple of facebook groups but it's just not the same. The stream of consciousness nature of facebook just doesn't work very well organizationally vs. forum threads.
Dean

'79 J10
'77 Cherokee Chief
'79 CJ-7
'79 CJ-5
'46 CJ-2A
'93 ZJ Limted
'79 Wagoneer (RIP)
'13 FLSTN Softail Deluxe

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

FSJ activity on the web is down across the board it seems. At least for forums. And FB groups may be partly to blame there. But FB is not great if you want to search for a particular topic or the like. May also be a result of there just being fewer FSJ's on the road. I see way less now than I did 1-2 decades ago.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

will e

Post by will e »

The reducing numbers is a good point Stuka. I have spent about 3 minutes of my life on FB so I don't know 'how' it works. I like the forum format, especially for searching, so I am glad I am settled here. And thanks for keeping the board running!
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

ScramblerCJ8

Post by ScramblerCJ8 »

Hi guys, I'm pretty new to this forum, never was on IFSJ but have been a jeep nut since I was a kid and my family run old flat fenders in the coffee plantation down in Costa Rica, because with the windshield frame removed and narrow stance, they fit pretty nice between the plants.
Got into this forum after doing some research on LS engine swaps and reading all about Shawn's tread on LS1 Tech forum.
I don't participate much, because my projects move at a very slow pace, retired now, so I got more time but limited spending, reason why I do pretty much all the fabing and work myself.
This forum has been a real source of information and I love checking all the builds and getting ideas and links to source parts.
Stuka, hats off to you for keeping this site going. I do check it out daily and really enjoy it.
Thanks again, and I will be posting once I start on my GW and the J truck.
Right now finishing my 1990 yj and a frame off resto on a 1978 CJ7

letank

Post by letank »

Stuka wrote: May also be a result of there just being fewer FSJ's on the road.
Indeed there are a lot less FSJ on the road, or the junkyards... it is getting a bit challenging to get goodies.

The last one on the road was speeding across the bay bridge 2 weeks ago, nice forest green, lifted J truck with an off-road bike in the bed, and I was in the go-getter...

The site is really excellent and the search capabilities of the command in your browser such as "speedometer gear swap site:fsjnetwork.com" is the key to my latest query...

Very nice of Brandon to keep this site up, thank you
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

Topic author
seventynine

Post by seventynine »

Whats interesting is that on IFSJA, there typically seem to be a lot of people viewing but very few users logged in. For instance right now the forum shows that there are 132 people viewing the General FSJ Tech section but only two registered users. A lot more people lurking these days or perhaps those stats aren't correct.
Dean

'79 J10
'77 Cherokee Chief
'79 CJ-7
'79 CJ-5
'46 CJ-2A
'93 ZJ Limted
'79 Wagoneer (RIP)
'13 FLSTN Softail Deluxe

irondawg

Post by irondawg »

I too am NOT a FB user and appreciate the work it takes to keep a forum going. My friends use FB for trip reports and such. I used advrider.com back in the day but the traffic and idiots got too thick so I stopped. Back a few years ago I had a forum for a bunch of us Texans that ran around the desert on motorcycles. Then FB came and things died down quick and I let it go.

I've found that a forum is the best source for researching a project like rebuilding or keeping old iron working.

Keep up the good work Stuka!!
1978 Cherokee Chief WT in a thousand pieces
Previous Jeep: 2001 Grand Cherokee