NEW MEMBER HELLO

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
sansabarJ

NEW MEMBER HELLO

Post by sansabarJ »

Hello everyone ,

I have been a longtime owner of my 72 J4000 ( J4600). I have read a great many things on the jeep j truck forums .
I am interested in sharing many things done to my J4000 and getting great ideas from you guys and gals on these trucks .
I am a 40 plus year automotive and truck tech with experience in jeeps and other 4x4s . This J4000 was always a must have from early years of car building and today I have it .Not a show queen and of course needs the floors done ,but also alot has been accomplished on this truck.
Fear not friends ,my rig has suffered many things most of you have dealt with .My earliest recollection of the great Wagoneer ,was my dads 65
with manual brakes , 4 speed transmission and the AMC Kaiser 327 . Dad did crazy things with that jeep that forever stick in my mind , especially this fathers day .=its a good memory .
We then acquired a 68 with the Buick 350 , it was a "Super" if memory serves , A/C with the fancy trim and lots of chrome and the console I think . I recall it sat at BERTON MOTORS here in Santa Barbara for many weeks in the early 70s with a persistant drivers side oil leak between the head and the block , rocker oil pressure passage seeped oil out . They finally did a full rebuild which I am sure they "decked the block" finally repaired that pesky leak . I will tell you the 65 was the best though ,and even all manual it was a bruiser with fat tires and 8 inch KELSEY HAYS RIMS .

thank you everyone

sansabarJ

twisted frame

Re: NEW MEMBER HELLO

Post by twisted frame »

Welcome aboard! Your J truck sounds a lot like my 73 J4500. And like your Dad's Wagoneer, my J truck had wide Kelsey Hayes rims on it when I found it - too bad they were 16.5" diameter but that's what they ran back then.
73 J4000. 360, MC 2100, T18A, D20, stock closed knuckle Dana 44 front, 60-2 rear. Warn Lock-O-Matics, Warn/Belleview electric winch, true duals with glasspacks, old-school front diff skid plate, used 265 Toyos on 16" AR wheels.

mud89

Post by mud89 »

Welcome!
I got a 65 with the 327 ;-) , first year for the V8
J10 81, J10 77, CJ7 80, Gladiator 64, Wagoneer 65, ZJ 5.9
parts vehicles : wagoneer 63, cherokee Golden eagle

will e

Post by will e »

Great story! Howdy from Phoenix Arizona!
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge