tedlovesjeeps71

Re: Broke my wagoneers cherry today heh

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

I'd stay and watch them work on it.

Topic author
candymancan

Post by candymancan »

Thats what i was going to do... I honestly feel like going back and watching..

Prying on my antenna with a box cutter under the antenna gasket i lotterally told the guy you need to pop the chrome cap off and unscrew the antenna... and ripping my hood ornament off..

What kind of dumb gorilla does that... a shop helper shouldnt be touching cars if he doesnt unbolt stuff snd tries to pull things off
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

letank

Post by letank »

aaaaack, sorry to read about your damages and the ensuing shop headache... also bondo is not the greatest product... it attracts water, here on the coastal area, I use marine epoxy.
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

Topic author
candymancan

Post by candymancan »

Yea i dunno wtf there using some kind of bondo i dunno... i just not happy.. but they warranty this for life.

So if the paint peals or rust pop up they have to fix it. Whats weird is this shop works on the county police vehuckes... so i dunno man they better do a good job and fix my ornament and live up to their warranty

letank

Post by letank »

candymancan wrote:Yea i dunno wtf there using some kind of bondo i dunno... i just not happy.. but they warranty this for life.
Yes, there is a better bondo, my last visit at a body shop, the "bondo" was a green resin. The shop gave me a $2200 quote for a messed up fender, which included the whole fake wood panels for $999 . After I collected the $1240 insurance pay back, it was a mere $80 in supplies and my time to unbend the fender and paint the missing fake wood
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

Topic author
candymancan

Post by candymancan »

Wwll i got my Jeep back... they added ANOTHER dent to my grill frame... geesh man im not happy... im replacing the grill framing with my original just swapping the muscle grill mid section so whatever. But still..

They did do a good job fixing and painting my hood though.. i had them paint those little body panel things by the hood and windsheild.. you know where the antenna sits on ? It would have looked odd to paint the hood and leave those. I watched the security footage of the shop per my request they did sand the dents and use a machine to attempt to weld and pop thr big dent out.. and the footage does show the shop helper breaking my ornament off.. then he puts it on like nothing happened lol.

I need to figure out how to put this ornament back on... I told the shop to give me a 100$ off my hood and they painted those small panel things per my request. And ill fix my ornament myself

Oh amd on my way jome my radiator hose blew shooting coolant all over my engine bay... i at first thought they did something.. but the hose was old and stretched i could tell... so i gatta replace the others.... my luck sucks latetly lol..

Here it is. With no hood ornament.

will e

Post by will e »

It looks good in the pictures!
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
candymancan

Post by candymancan »

Looks better in person...

But i nkticed tonight under artifical ligjt it has alot of buffing swirls... looks bad... uhg i just cant win... im not going bsck though ima bring it to a detailing place and have thrm buff the hologram looking swirls out.

At least under daylight i dont see it.

Blacl paint sucks.. lol shows every dot.. scratch.. swirl.. finger print haha.

Chubbinius

Post by Chubbinius »

Glad the lady was true to her word. Stinks that they busted your hood ornament; should be able to weld or tap an eye bolt back on to retain the spring and hold it. The hood looks nice in the photos.
1970 1414X Wagoneer "The Pig"
-Custom Special
-Dauntless 350 V8
-D27 front/D44 rear
2006 XK (65th Ann Edition)-DD

seventynine

Post by seventynine »

Hey!...small world. I was on that ride. I was in my yellow CJ-5. I saw your Wag and heard the announcement about the flag incident. I didnt know that it hit the only FSJ there ;-P
Glad to hear you got it fixed.
Dean

'79 J10
'77 Cherokee Chief
'79 CJ-7
'79 CJ-5
'46 CJ-2A
'93 ZJ Limted
'79 Cherokee Chief (traded for the J10)
'79 Wagoneer (RIP)
'13 FLSTN Softail Deluxe

Topic author
candymancan

Post by candymancan »

seventynine wrote:Hey!...small world. I was on that ride. I was in my yellow CJ-5. I saw your Wag and heard the announcement about the flag incident. I didnt know that it hit the only FSJ there ;-P
Glad to hear you got it fixed.

Yea it just caused alot of mess. What are the odds that something like this would hit thr only wagoneer ? .. Its ok it was kinda a blessing in disguise.. my hood was starting to fad and lose clear coat and needed repainting haha. Oddly the rest of the jeep is ok.. it must be the heat on the hood... It just sucks it also damaged my grill which cant be fixed and also led to my hood ornament being broken...

I saw your yellow Jeep, you pulled up at the meeting place about 5 minutes before we left to the brewery. Does your CJ have a 360 in it ? I swore when i heard it it doesnt sound like 6 cylinder

I think your Jeep and maybe one other Cj and my wagoneer were the oldest Jeeps there. Everyone else had like 2014 or newer wranglers lol. I felt odd going to this meet up... I noticed alot of wrangler owners dont consider any other Jeep a Jeep unless its a wrangler.. but tbh id rather have a Wagoneer then a newer wrangler

seventynine

Post by seventynine »

My CJ-5 has a 304 in it with headers and glasspacks...its a bit noisy ;)

Yeah it was a sea of 4 door wranglers mostly. It was a little surprising. It was cool to see at least one FSJ in there. I expected to see a few more CJs. It was a good time though.
Dean

'79 J10
'77 Cherokee Chief
'79 CJ-7
'79 CJ-5
'46 CJ-2A
'93 ZJ Limted
'79 Cherokee Chief (traded for the J10)
'79 Wagoneer (RIP)
'13 FLSTN Softail Deluxe

Topic author
candymancan

Post by candymancan »

seventynine wrote:My CJ-5 has a 304 in it with headers and glasspacks...its a bit noisy ;)

Yeah it was a sea of 4 door wranglers mostly. It was a little surprising. It was cool to see at least one FSJ in there. I expected to see a few more CJs. It was a good time though.

Wasnt too noisy but i could deff tell it had a v8 in it, you shoulda heard my fsj i think it sounds beautiful lol..

304s can sound really nice my friend has one in his chevy pickup.... has almost no power lol but straight piped it soumds better then my 360 lol.

I think our bandwagon had 2 wk2 grand cherokees too lol a white and burgendy one. And we had one renegade too.. youre cj was the only (wrangler) type of Jeep i liked there.. everyone else was just typicsl big tires big lift and aftermarket halos and that grill thing that makes the jeep have a mean face.

Ive been to harpers ferry last year for white water rafting.. I didnt go in thr brewery though.. I had 3 16oz beers.. I didnt like the 3 i had i had to chug em to get over the taste.. and the food line was like 45 minutes wait.

So i went to the rafting place and found they had a pulled pork stand with no line lol.

I just got done putting my originsl 90s grill frame on and swapping thr muscle grill insert to it.. Kinds sucks i lost the JEEP stamp.. but in a way it was ugly to see JEEP and JEEP on a emblem and s stamp on the grill frame. Plus my original frame the chrome is much better so i guess it worked out.

Still havent figure out what ima do with the emblem...