Winch Question

Area for post regarding Jeeps other than an FSJ. This area may contain technical post regarding those vehicles as well.

Topic author
66stepside

Re: Winch Question

Post by 66stepside »

Fishkiller55 wrote:
66stepside wrote:If the drivetrain is origional, then it probably is factory. Jeep did have them as an option.
U seem to know a lot about the j-trucks these two r my frist.can I swap out the 360 for the 6 r bellhouseing same?
I know enough to be dangerous (and not the good kind). I know more about modifying stuff, not much about stock engine configurations. There are a slew of guys on the forum that can answer your question better, or with more confidence. Body work and fabrication are my two areas I am most comfortable working with- drive trains, not so much.

So I don't know if the 360 and 6 r bell housing are the same. :ugeek:

Fishkiller55

Post by Fishkiller55 »

66stepside wrote:
Fishkiller55 wrote:
66stepside wrote:If the drivetrain is origional, then it probably is factory. Jeep did have them as an option.
U seem to know a lot about the j-trucks these two r my frist.can I swap out the 360 for the 6 r bellhouseing same?
I know enough to be dangerous (and not the good kind). I know more about modifying stuff, not much about stock engine configurations. There are a slew of guys on the forum that can answer your question better, or with more confidence. Body work and fabrication are my two areas I am most comfortable working with- drive trains, not so much.

So I don't know if the 360 and 6 r bell housing are the same. :ugeek:
Thanks for the come back.I'll just jump in and see what what I see.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

Pose that question on a new thread with some pics and you'll get answers in no time.

Fishkiller55

Post by Fishkiller55 »

Bostonbob wrote:your jeeps are too old to run syn line and that's ok
What does jeeps age have to do with it.I have a pto wintch on 72 factory. ? J4000