New Jeep concept vehicle

Area for post regarding Jeeps other than an FSJ. This area may contain technical post regarding those vehicles as well.

Topic author
KJ Ryu

New Jeep concept vehicle

Post by KJ Ryu »

I think I actually like this one:

Article with the rest: https://autos.yahoo.com/photos/jeep-chi ... c_src=copy
Ron

2005 KJ, Hit-n-Run, 2am 6-17-2012, Totaled. :mad:
1977 SJ J10, 4v360, T18, D20, 37x14s, SOA & SF on tons, still ugly.
1978 SJ Wagoneer, 4v360, QT, 33x12.5s, lift by Sawzall :-bd NOT Running :(
1977 SJ J10, SniperEFI 401, QT, D44s, 31X10.5s :fsj:
2006 KJ
Mars wrote:One man's trans leak is another's penetrating oil :D

MadMax78

Re: New Jeep concept vehicle

Post by MadMax78 »

You and me both. Just wish they had the balls to produce it so we could buy it. :-?
MadMax78

78 Cherokee S, Wide Track, 360, TH400, Quadra Trac, TAD's SOA, 35" BFG KM2, Edelbrock Carb & Intake, MSD Coil & Ignition

El Jefe

Post by El Jefe »

I like it ish. Something doesn't look quite right to me about it. Can't figure out just what though.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Landman_MTX

Post by Landman_MTX »

:shock: Looks like a JK with a different front to me :( . Windshield and ugly fenders reak of a JK. No problem with JKs but they are just definitely NOT a full size rig. I wish Jeep... um, I mean... Fiat, would just nut it up and make a FULL SIZE retro nod to the FSJ instead of re-cladding an existing production vehicle under the guise of a new vehicle. I might just bite the hook then.
I'd like to see it side by side a W/T chero...
1979 Grand Wagoneer, 360, TH400/QT, D44s

Nutz-n-Bolts

Post by Nutz-n-Bolts »

I like that one too! The whole front clip says FSJ to me. The back I think kind of looks like an FJ cruiser. But over all for something new, It's one of a very few I'd consider. I've always liked that color on a chief too.
Lover of all Old Iron

60-79 CJ5 The best parts from several years combined to make one tough ALL JEEP CJ
81 J10 Pickup My newest acquisition undergoing a complete restoration

ProTouring442

Post by ProTouring442 »

Widen the cabin by 3 or so inches, and it would be right.

Post by 243 »

Needs more A$$ and it would benefit with a rear door window channel.

If they ditch the rear doors they would have it but turn away 95% of the buyers.

I still like this older concept........

Last edited by 243 on Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
1978 Cherokee NT, 5.3/4L60/NP241 in Progress

flingwing1969

Post by flingwing1969 »

ProTouring442 wrote:Widen the cabin by 3 or so inches, and it would be right.
It's about as full-size as vehicles get these days - except SD trucks, of course. What hits me as odd on this concept is the existence of (or at least the outline of) a rear door but with no door pillar. So, no windows behind the B-Pillar at all so the door works, or the door is just a body molding'? It almost looks photo-shopped as opposed to built.

I like the look though. The rear in this view looks kind of Jeepster to me and I like it. The lowered roof - or higher doors - gives it a sleek appearance. The front clip is definitely FSJ and I like the narrowed grill. Even if it is a JK in drag, Jeep should think about it as an alternate style for those who don't like the JK's traditional CJ/military Jeep styling.
Tom
Tall Cedars of Shasta County California Near Lassen Park
1965 J-2600 Buick 350 V8, Camper Special (6,000 lb GVW) (Engine Blown 10/2014 :-? )
1973 J-4800 Service Body, AMC 360 4bbl, T18A
1975 CJ-5, AMC 304 V8, T-15
1974 CJ-5, AMC IL 258, T-18A
1974 Dodge W300 Dump Truck (10,000 lb GVW) (Sold 11/2014)

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

I would be forced to buy the Chief if it ever made it into production...
1977 Cherokee Chief - The Blair Jeep Project III
A collection of parts flying in close formation

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Already a post for this created earlier this week: http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8116

Posted in general other jeep related. Moving this post there as well.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Landman_MTX wrote::shock: Looks like a JK with a different front to me :( . Windshield and ugly fenders reak of a JK. No problem with JKs but they are just definitely NOT a full size rig. I wish Jeep... um, I mean... Fiat, would just nut it up and make a FULL SIZE retro nod to the FSJ instead of re-cladding an existing production vehicle under the guise of a new vehicle. I might just bite the hook then.
A JK Unlimted is wider, longer, and heavier than any Wagoneer or Cherokee. What needs to be changed to make it more full sized?

The concept here has 37" tires, to give an idea of size.
2017 JKU Rubicon

bigun

Post by bigun »

Stuka wrote:
Landman_MTX wrote::shock: Looks like a JK with a different front to me :( . Windshield and ugly fenders reak of a JK. No problem with JKs but they are just definitely NOT a full size rig. I wish Jeep... um, I mean... Fiat, would just nut it up and make a FULL SIZE retro nod to the FSJ instead of re-cladding an existing production vehicle under the guise of a new vehicle. I might just bite the hook then.
A JK Unlimted is wider, longer, and heavier than any Wagoneer or Cherokee. What needs to be changed to make it more full sized?
Driver's seat that will move back far enough for me to get in with out my knees being up against the dash board!

Stuka
Site Admin

New Jeep concept vehicle

Post by Stuka »

bigun wrote:
Stuka wrote:
Driver's seat that will move back far enough for me to get in with out my knees being up against the dash board!
Hmm, never had that problem with my 2dr JK, and I am 6ft 3in tall.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Landman_MTX

Post by Landman_MTX »

Stuka wrote:

The concept here has 37" tires, to give an idea of size.
Simply put Stuka... the body. While I'm well aware of the tire size, when I said "full size" I was referring more so to the body than its mechanical aspects. While it may mechanically sport the full size attributes (ie width, weight etc), that body still depends on those wide JK style fender flares to give it the appearance of being a FSJ. I'm sure if I laid the hood of my J-truck or waggy on top of the hood of that concept vehicle it would cover that hood like a cozy little blanky. Furthermore, pile a family of four, the golden retiever and all the goodies for a weekend trip of fun and I'm sure they'd end up wishing for that additional interior room instead of the nice fender flares (Hence the comment of "I'd like to see it side by side a W/T chero...)
I love my wife but dang man... on a long road trip of camping and getting dirty, those few inches of interior comfort could very well save my marriage! ;)

Stuka
Site Admin

New Jeep concept vehicle

Post by Stuka »

Hmm, I am going to have to measure the difference in width. I don't think it is that much. FSJ's have a much narrower body than say a ford or Chevy. I have JK seats in my J10 and it seems the area between the seats is the same. So definitely curious now.

Landman_MTX

Post by Landman_MTX »

Stuka wrote:Hmm, I am going to have to measure the difference in width. I don't think it is that much. FSJ's have a much narrower body than say a ford or Chevy. I have JK seats in my J10 and it seems the area between the seats is the same. So definitely curious now.

You got me curious too Stuka!

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

And forgot to measure! Been busy remodeling my bathroom, hopefully I will get a chance soon.
2017 JKU Rubicon

Stuka
Site Admin

New Jeep concept vehicle

Post by Stuka »

Ok finally got out there :)

I measured from the metal parts of each door, so no arm wrests involved.

JK: 54 1/2"
J10: 58"

The distance between the seats on each is very similar. But there is a larger amount of space between the seat and door on the J10.

Axle widths are pretty similar. The JK has 65" wms axles, J10 64" front and 66.5" rear (J10's measurements are ish, JK's are spec'ed)

The other difference is the overall body width. FSJ bodies get quite a bit wider below the belt line. JK's go straight down. Which explains why the flares are so much larger on the JK.

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

My terrible neighbors are a Chrysler exec family (I live in a weird high income are with my parents, we've got some uhhh... unique folks around. More money than sense types.) involved with website management. I was moving junk around in the jeep when one of them drove up and asked "Hey what year is that? It looks just like the new wagoneer concept." "What wagoneer concept?" I probed. "The new one, you wont see it for awhile." she rebutted while driving off.

SO maybe Chrycho is going for a razor grille look on the wagoneer like on this weird concept.
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

Stuka
Site Admin

New Jeep concept vehicle

Post by Stuka »

Well we know there is a new grand Wagoneer based on the WK2 platform. Hopefully it has Wagoneer queues on it.