1986 Grand Wagoneer -Bakydnutbstr

Show off your FSJ photos and videos!

Topic author
Bakydnutbstr

Re: 1986 Grand Wagoneer - try photos again-Bakydnutbstr

Post by Bakydnutbstr »

Lining up decals they are non repetitive
per side
Set up overlap areas , blends from one sheet to next when cut, when blending overlap bottom sheet approx. 1/2”. Don’t try to cut perfect seam ,overlap.
Set tail gate decal. Wasn’t long enough small sheet 5” filled gap. Plenty xtra decals so lots to make a match when blending sheets(overlapping) and getting pattern to line up
Ready to start applying decals
Going on very nicely , use a good squeegee for applying decals ,one I used had soft cloth over rubber end and hard plastic edge for edges.

I kept the trim on cuz it was on well. Couple spots were coming loose 1-2” areas. Used five minute epoxy to adhere ,had to brace board to press against trim holding it tight to jeep (not shown)
The beginning of prep for decals. Sanded down old wood decal w/80 grit ,then 120grit. Random orbital sander used
Once got surface smooth sealed with clear lacquer, sanded 120grit sealed again,sand seal. This was done before first sanding of jeep body and putting in primer
Kept trim & panels covered until painted body.
Came out quite nicely I think

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Topic author
Bakydnutbstr

Post by Bakydnutbstr »

Spots came back month & half,used tire wet again, they cleared . Evaporates I guess over time,

Topic author
Bakydnutbstr

Post by Bakydnutbstr »

use tire wet on aluminum bumpers and rubber moldings good looking for weekend ride

Topic author
Bakydnutbstr

Re: 1986 Grand Wagoneer -Bakydnutbstr

Post by Bakydnutbstr »

Found some parts cleaned em up, found some paint, Red for sure. It had a big red area looking at it with nothing there,… found white paint and a small paint brush,
But what to put there ? So I strained my Brain and came up with “HOOKED ON JEEP” brilliant, it fits in the space and the phrase fits the feeling of owning one!

It’s a solid steel shaft 1/4” steel plate,it’s sort of like an impact barrier. How I never hope so.
Good weathers coming it’s March now

Topic author
Bakydnutbstr

Post by Bakydnutbstr »

The previous owner had a cell phone installed and they drilled a hole in the roof, so I installed a third brake light up top just under the roof rack

letank

Post by letank »

nice touch!
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

Topic author
Bakydnutbstr

Post by Bakydnutbstr »

Air intake got bored waiting for nice weather , saw an intake cut out under the radiator overflow tank. Bought 2 intake hoses and adaptors to connect the hose “Team Grand Wagoneer “ has items.
For throat used a large juice can cut to shape and affixed it to air cleaner body in correct location so hose will reach it. Other side hose fit as it should.
I saw that and thought “ Ram Air” why not? Something to do.
Also saw flapper in original throat and removed it, cool little thing so… I cut a hole in rear of air cleaner and affixed it there , the flapper clears air cleaner when fully opened.
Figured at low speed “take off “ flap opens allowing more air in “very light weight spring on flap “ once going ram air will force flap closed allowing only ram air in .Image

Topic author
Bakydnutbstr

Post by Bakydnutbstr »

.Image

Topic author
Bakydnutbstr

Post by Bakydnutbstr »

Bakydnutbstr wrote:.Image
Found on line ,it kinda goes with the decals

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

I was wondering how the window graphics tied into the camo. I just now realized the camo has skulls in it.
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

92 Wrangler Islander 4.0/32RH/231 D30/D35 RHD