It's Hot Here

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

MT1

Re: It's Hot Here

Post by MT1 »

Seems the 4th of July weekend is always a bit warmer than normal here in San Diego. We are expecting a cooling trend getting down to 90 today. I know its hot in AZ. as the beaches are over ran with AZ. License plates. :D Stay cool guys and work on the rigs at night. I was thinking about running down to the river the weekend but think it might even be too hot for that.

So sorry about the fire fighters that lost their lives... cant even imagine fighting fires in that heat!
Change is Opportunity

jsinajeep

Post by jsinajeep »

Yes our heart and prayers go out to the Fire Fighter family.
Last edited by jsinajeep on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

husker77

Post by husker77 »

It's about 20 degrees cooler than normal here, mid-upper 70's instead of 90's.

I can still never figure out how we can have 100% humidity and it not rain?! I remember one morning on the 6am news it was 93 degrees and 100% humidity already.

will e

Post by will e »

Yeah, it's hot. I remember how luck I was back in 2009 when I was putting together the Cherokee. June started out with 103 temps and dropped to mid 90's for most of the month. (I took time off to work on the Jeep).

It would have been BRUTAL at these temps.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

bigun

Post by bigun »

We had storm pass through yesterday evening cooled things down to the point we're in the 50s this morning and they are only calling for a high in the 70s!

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

currently 111* as i type this.

113* tomorrow.

I guess over the weekend we almost broke the records. 117 is the record temp for vegas. It's been matched in 1942 and 2005 both in July, and this past weekend, but we didnt beat it. We did, however, set the record for the actual day, previous record for that day was 116 in 1940.

Can you imagine being here in 1940 with no AC and it's 117* out there?

Whatever, didnt stop be from working on the jeep all weekend. Hot or not, gotta get stuff done!
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

letank

Re: It's Hot Here, but not in Frisco

Post by letank »

In Frisco.... the ocean layer brings us cool weather and fog... I am covered with a fleece, overall and ski cap to wrench on the jeep... the hottest was about 58ish... the 4th was the hottest at 68ish and sunny.

look straight and the Golden Gate bridge is somewhere ahead.... about 15 miles...

http://sv.berkeley.edu/view/
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

The PIG Smith

Post by The PIG Smith »

Bryan Smith
Fort Wayne, Indiana
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
- 75th Anniversary Edition - 1941 Trim Package - Recon Green --Daily Driver
1986 Jeep J20
- Super clean rig from the AZ/CA state line -- Current Project
1982 Jeep J10
- Has become a Long Term Project.
1981 Jeep J20
- Commercial flat bed - Lost in a Divorce --gone
1987 Jeep J20 Pioneer
- Former Rick Bielec aka Ricbee plow rig. Major rust!! --gone

IFSJA Member #1933 Joined November 30, 2001

wvrefugee

Post by wvrefugee »

It's really funny, my buddies were coaches here at WVU and are now at U of Arizona. He called me in Jan. when it was 5 degrees here and he was playing golf in Tuscon. I called him this week and asked him how that dry heat feels???? Blaahaa!
...so the Maples formed a union and demanded equal rights - the Oaks are just to greedy, they grab up all our light. Now there's no more Oak oppression, for they passed a noble law, and the trees are all kept equal -- by hatchet, ax, and saw..." Neal Peart, Rush "The Trees"

Topic author
Gumby

Post by Gumby »

wvrefugee wrote:It's really funny, my buddies were coaches here at WVU and are now at U of Arizona. He called me in Jan. when it was 5 degrees here and he was playing golf in Tuscon. I called him this week and asked him how that dry heat feels???? Blaahaa!

I bet that took the wind out of his balloon :D . Let's hope he coaches an indoor sport.
1984 GW 360/727/208.... 4"/ 31"
2004 CRD QC SRW 3500 4X4 (DD)
1983 "project Dubya" (long term)

rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

Thats DANG hot! I've been on OK during 107 degree heat and its not as bad as 93 with 95% humidity in Florida. Here in my shop, I start sweating (it doesn't evaporate) immediately and I'm soaking wet until I go home. Dry heat is better--you feel better before Heat Stroke!!!!

66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

The PIG Smith wrote:Image

Sweet mother of pearl, I thought I'd seen a lot of heat related misery growing up in Pheonix... Even now, I'll never complain about the heat here in Spokane again- those are some crazy pics!

bigun

Post by bigun »

Just got back from a week in Granbury Tx where it was a 100 plus everyday. We've been home since around 15:45 and it has been raining all the time since we got home makes the 12 hour trip worth it.

carnuck

Post by carnuck »

90 in Seattle today. 86 as the sun goes down but the clouds are rolling in! Lightning storms are coming.
Check my parts for sale near Seattle