Tires

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

letank

Re: Tires

Post by letank »

I use tirerack.com site which gives you an idea of what you are getting into, summary, reviews and tech, where the tire is made, the weight and so forth. It allows you to eliminate the poor performers.
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

oakknoll wrote:I put a set of Cooper AT3s on my F-250 a year ago and have about 12,000 miles on them. It is a nice tire and worked great in the snow, but they seem to be wearing very fast. I'd say they are 1/3 gone already.
Heavy trucks typically wear tires a bit faster. But the AT3 does use a slightly softer compound than some others. Which as a result gives it good traction. Also important to rotate them regularly (As with any tire really).

Been happy with them on my Wife's KJ, but it weighs a whole lot less.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

dbigd

Post by dbigd »

I'm running a set of grabber AT2's and love them. They have performed really well in mud,snow,and gravel roads. I didn't really run them on the ice much but when I did they seemed Ok (put them on in march) they work well on the hwy too.I have run BF AT-KO's and kumhos before on the same rig and for my money I prefer the generals so far.