This is how bad the Eco nuts have gotten

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
bigun

This is how bad the Eco nuts have gotten

Post by bigun »

Mom went into town to pay the water bill. She said the lady who waited on her said that earlier this week she had a couple show up wanting to know where they could buy a rattlesnake to replace the one they had run over since they didn't want to up set the Eco system! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

goldhammer

Re: This is how bad the Eco nuts have gotten

Post by goldhammer »

Tell them they have to get one from California, and it must be transported cage/box free, to keep from traumatizing it. :evil: :shock:

Sorry- forgot you don't need anymore CA imports :D :D
Last edited by goldhammer on Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1981 Cherokee W/T, custom winch bumper and deer strainer, 360/T18/208, Warn 8274
1988Cherokee, 3" Rancho lift, custom bumpers, sliders/steps, roof rack, custom camo paint and headliner, Warn 9500

Member Wolfpack 4x4's, region 5, PNW4WDA
OHV Representative, BLM John Day/Snake RAC

carnuck

Post by carnuck »

and to keep it warm in their pants!
Check my parts for sale near Seattle

lindel

Post by lindel »

Nah, Texas has lots of rattlers, but they to pick from a nest...
Lindel

Grand_Wag_85

Post by Grand_Wag_85 »

That's crazy.
82 J10
77 J10 Golden Eagle 401
88 GW

You know it's bad when your car is on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

[ O o \\|// o O ]

Post by [ O o \\|// o O ] »

I would calculate the number rodents the snake would have eaten in his life and inform the couple of how many rodents they needed to eat to compensate for the loss of the snake.
Then I'd map out the typical range the snake would have covered and ask them deposit their droppings randomly throughout the territory to replace the fecal matter the snake would have produced.

Nature's harmonious balance restored.

Topic author
bigun

Post by bigun »

LOL I've since heard they even went to the hardware store and tried to buy Buzzy, the 6 footer they keep in a case!

Dirtmonkey

Post by Dirtmonkey »

Saw some nutcase in Silver City a couple of weeks ago that tried to help an injured rattler on the road, with predictable results. He was trying to tell his story to everyone that walked in, and couldn't figure out why the entire Blake's clientele was laughing at him.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Dirtmonkey wrote:Saw some nutcase in Silver City a couple of weeks ago that tried to help an injured rattler on the road, with predictable results. He was trying to tell his story to everyone that walked in, and couldn't figure out why the entire Blake's clientele was laughing at him.
LOL!

I was just watching a youtube video, guy I follow found a rattle snake, so he pushed it into a bucket and let it go away from his house (Found it on his deck as I recall). One of the commenters was scolding him for not taking the snake into a vet to be inspected for sicknesses before releasing it.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

lindel

Post by lindel »

My funniest (at least to me) snake story doesn't involve rattlers, but a copperhead. I used to be in the Air Guard, many moons ago, working in the Combat Communications field (we went "camping" a lot!) and on one of our field trips we had filled up our 5 gallon buckets with ice/water from the chow hall. The water had an odd taste to it (probably because of the green ice...) so we decided that we would dump it and get fresh when we arrived at our destination.

When we got there, me and one of the other troops grabbed the water cans and carried them over to the spigot. I was behind the other guy when he stopped dead in his tracks while stuttering. I peeked around him and saw the copperhead coiled around the spigot. It was only about 60* at that point, so I pulled the lid off the can I was holding and dumped it on the snake, then refilled the can. I grabbed the other can and did the same thing with it (the snake was beginning to move a little at that point), all the while the other guy yelling at me. I handed him one can, picked up the other and walked back to the truck. With him asking why did I do that, and what kind of idiot was I. I calmly told him the snake was no issue after the first can of ice water hit him, he was busy with other issues to worry about us!
Lindel

Tad
Vendor

Post by Tad »

Dirtmonkey wrote:Saw some nutcase in Silver City a couple of weeks ago that tried to help an injured rattler on the road, with predictable results. He was trying to tell his story to everyone that walked in, and couldn't figure out why the entire Blake's clientele was laughing at him.
Biggest rattler I have seen in Silver was on my property, 5' maybe a bit bigger.
Not as big as the bull snake that lives near by.

I learned about water moccasins when I was a kid visiting rural Arkansas.
At the same time I learned not to go pee in the bushes.
A collection of 1966 to 1986 parts.
Self Inflicted Flesh Wound
Caddy425/TH400/Atlas 4spd/14B/D60/locked front and rear/Hydroassist/39.5 Irocks
(Join date = Friday the 13th)

My Stuff:
http://www.ttsfabworks.com/
Tech Stuff:
IFSJA WMS Project

Shagoneer

Post by Shagoneer »

In an unrelated topic love me some Blake's
In the market for a new FSJ

Topic author
bigun

Post by bigun »

At least 2 inches around my waist I blame on Blake's.I not sure if they are as good as they used tobe of course it has been several years since I visited them!

Topic author
bigun

Post by bigun »

Tad wrote:
Biggest rattler I have seen in Silver was on my property, 5' maybe a bit bigger.
Not as big as the bull snake that lives near by.
There used tobe a bull snake around here that was every bit of 8 feet when he was stretched out he covered half of the road! I have stopped more than once to get his butt across so he didn't get run over. I haven't seen it in a year or so which is why I say used tobe

Atla

Post by Atla »

Having spent a long time in Marine Corps Base Bridgeport, California training - there is a special place in hell for overzealous eco-nuts.

Anyone ever heard of a 'wag bag'?

:(

I'll give you a hint, it's a plastic bag you poop in and pack it out with you. So you don't upset the delicate ecosystem with your MRE chemically enhanced/preserved turds.
~Atla. (I'm just here for the pictures)
1983 J-10
2001 TJ

My Build Thread - http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2722

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Atla wrote:Having spent a long time in Marine Corps Base Bridgeport, California training - there is a special place in hell for overzealous eco-nuts.

I'll give you a hint, it's a plastic bag you poop in and pack it out with you. So you don't upset the delicate ecosystem with your MRE chemically enhanced/preserved turds.
Did you train at MWTC? I live just on the other side of the hill from it. Well, not RIGHT on the other side, but an hour or so away.
2017 JKU Rubicon

KJ Ryu

Post by KJ Ryu »

Atla wrote:Having spent a long time in Marine Corps Base Bridgeport, California training - there is a special place in hell for overzealous eco-nuts.

Never heard of it but LMAO! :-bd
Ron

2005 KJ, Hit-n-Run, 2am 6-17-2012, Totaled. :mad:
1977 SJ J10, 4v360, T18, D20, 37x14s, SOA & SF on tons, still ugly.
1978 SJ Wagoneer, 4v360, QT, 33x12.5s, lift by Sawzall :-bd NOT Running :(
1977 SJ J10, SniperEFI 401, QT, D44s, 31X10.5s :fsj:
2006 KJ
Mars wrote:One man's trans leak is another's penetrating oil :D

Atla

Post by Atla »

Stuka wrote:Did you train at MWTC? I live just on the other side of the hill from it. Well, not RIGHT on the other side, but an hour or so away.

Sure did. I just finished taking the Mountain Survival Course up there in June. (Lost 29lbs) The entire time I was at there I wanted nothing more than to 'borrow' one of their Polaris Razors they drive everywhere and wheel the snot out of it.
~Atla. (I'm just here for the pictures)
1983 J-10
2001 TJ

My Build Thread - http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2722

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Atla wrote:
Stuka wrote:Did you train at MWTC? I live just on the other side of the hill from it. Well, not RIGHT on the other side, but an hour or so away.

Sure did. I just finished taking the Mountain Survival Course up there in June. (Lost 29lbs) The entire time I was at there I wanted nothing more than to 'borrow' one of their Polaris Razors they drive everywhere and wheel the snot out of it.
Well at least you survived :)

I absolutely love it here, but it is some rough country.

I have had some *VERY* interesting run-ins in that area. One time there was a pair of AH-64 Longbows doing training. We had seem them zipping around close to the ground. Well when we started driving back down the road again, there is a corner that has a good sized cliff. Well, as we were getting close, I tough I saw something off in the air, but hard to see. As we got to the corner, what turned out to be the sensor dome of a quickly rose up and resulted in a VERY close encounter with an AH-64D.

The car was shaking due to the rotor wash, and we could clearly see the pilots. They basically used us as something to train on. Even though I was in the Marines (So choppers are not foreign to me), being on the wrong side of the Vulcan cannon hanging off the front was quite the experience. Especially watching it follow you as the gunner watched us drive by.

i REALLY wish GoPro's existed then. Because it would have been one hell of a viral video.
2017 JKU Rubicon

KJ Ryu

Post by KJ Ryu »

Sounds awesome!
Ron

2005 KJ, Hit-n-Run, 2am 6-17-2012, Totaled. :mad:
1977 SJ J10, 4v360, T18, D20, 37x14s, SOA & SF on tons, still ugly.
1978 SJ Wagoneer, 4v360, QT, 33x12.5s, lift by Sawzall :-bd NOT Running :(
1977 SJ J10, SniperEFI 401, QT, D44s, 31X10.5s :fsj:
2006 KJ
Mars wrote:One man's trans leak is another's penetrating oil :D