Would anyone be interested in a group dyno day?

FSJ Related Events in the Mountain Time Zone

Topic author
TUDrewser

Would anyone be interested in a group dyno day?

Post by TUDrewser »

As I'm considering making some changes to my Jeep, I'm interested in getting it dyno'd for a baseline to see what the actual change in HP/torque is. I don't really care, I just want to be able to quantify the changes. And everyone quotes things like, "Oh yeah, if you put an open air filter on you'll gain a couple horsepower". Time to put that to the test. That's just an example. I just want a baseline first.

However, a typical dyno runs about $100-140, esp if you dyno in 4WD. I've been a part of "Dyno Days" with other car clubs where you get a group together and all dyno one after another and the shop does it for like $40-50 a car instead.

Question is, anyone in the Phoenix or AZ area interested in doing this? Not sure what group size we would need, but if there is interest I'm happy to call around and get some prices. Post up if you're interested.

:fsj: :fsj: :fsj: :fsj: :fsj:
1990 GW "saved by Jerry" edition
will e wrote:I guess life is better if you are not moving too fast.

will e

Re: Would anyone be interested in a group dyno day?

Post by will e »

I would be but it wouldn't be the Jeep.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

nc wagoneer

Re: Would anyone be interested in a group dyno day?

Post by nc wagoneer »

If I was the closer and had my diesel swap done on my j20 I'd show up for everybody else's amusement.

Sent from my Motorola Moto X
77 J20 flatbed FOR SALE
"old blue" 79 waggy-sitting in Jake's full size jeep junkyard, traded for j20 parts
Also:
1986 Isuzu Trooper Factory Diesel/5 Speed
1999 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 (weekend toy)
1984 GMC Suburban K10 6.2 Diesel/700r4/np208
Originally Posted by fulsizjeep
"Truth is FSJs are crack on wheels. One taste and you are addicted. Then you just want more. Anyone who does not see this is in denial"