The FJ's are coming (and they are out of space)

For all discussions related to the annual FSJ invasion of Ouray

Moderators: shimniok, srobertsfsj

Topic author
will e

The FJ's are coming (and they are out of space)

Post by will e »

http://fjsummit.org/

Our colorful friends look like they managed to fill up maximum registration in less than 3 days.

Do we even have a maximum?? LOL

I have always enjoyed the stark difference between their completly organized event and our completly unorganized event.

Heck, I bet even though they are 10 times our size they have fewer breakdowns on the trail. ;)

But seriously, I find most of them to be totally friendly and even willing to wave (if their window is down). They are very respectful of the trails, the rules and others and I kind of enjoy the fact they are there when we are.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

husker77

Re: The FJ's are coming (and they are out of space)

Post by husker77 »

will e wrote:
Heck, I bet even though they are 10 times our size they have fewer breakdowns on the trail. ;)
I bet if you added the age of everyone of their FJ's together you could find a FSJ in camp that is older than all of them combined.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

husker77 wrote:
will e wrote:
I bet if you added the age of everyone of their FJ's together you could find a FSJ in camp that is older than all of them combined.
That would be comical, although even the oldest FSJ is only 52 years old. The FJ came out in 2006, and a few are still being sold now, although not many (They are ending production due to poor sales). The majority of sales were in the first three years of production. Lets say the average age of them equates to 5 years old. If there was at least 12 of them, they would win(?).

But the FJ guys I have wheeled with were for the most part nice guys. Even when their IFS caused them to have to be towed through some rocky sections of the trail. Although it is comical when that happens, then later on they have to say how much better an FJ is than a Jeep. When it was a Jeep that pulled them out :)

So do they all stay in the same KOA camp ground?
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

Most of them stay in town. We do get a few at the KOA. They are always cool. The FJ is a nice platform overall so I understand their belief in being awesome. And they are NOT dealing with 50 year old technology either. (But they do have a nasty blind spot...)
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Tad
Vendor

Post by Tad »

Who?
A collection of 1966 to 1986 parts.
Self Inflicted Flesh Wound
Caddy425/TH400/Atlas 4spd/14B/D60/locked front and rear/Hydroassist/39.5 Irocks
(Join date = Friday the 13th)

My Stuff:
http://www.ttsfabworks.com/
Tech Stuff:
IFSJA WMS Project

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

My personal goal is to get them to roll their window down ( they ALL wheel windows up to keep the AC in) and then ask if they have any grey pupon, or if someone farted and they're trying to keep it all in. I don't even care if they get the joke, I laugh and that's all that matters. I also like to ask if it came with the Go-Pro strapped to the brush guard or if it cost extra; If the shade of blue is different from the others because "It looks brighter than the rest of them"; I like to ask if they have an "alloy wheel Hi-Lift adapter"(there is such a thing and FJCers tend to have them);

But you have to understand that even though I'm convinced that they wait to see when WE'LL be there before scheduling when THEY'LL be there, we're all there for the same reason and in the same spirit. You have to keep it to gentle ribbing and not douchbaggery. Like said above, they tend to be decent folk, just from a different walk in life.
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Mikie, did you post this in the wrong section? I just don't see the relevance here...

:D

;)

:fsj:

:-bd
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

AwesomeJ10

Post by AwesomeJ10 »

LOL

the thing is, they have better sense than us. Let's face it, we are crazy for driving this old iron all around Ouray. Breaking down, overheating, vapor locking, etc. They just 'wheel. And they seem to have fun doing it.

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

Blake wrote:LOL

the thing is, they have better sense than us. Let's face it, we are crazy for driving this old iron TO Ouray. Breaking down, overheating, vapor locking, etc.
Fixed it for ya. Heck just getting there and back can be an adventure!

Fleg

Post by Fleg »

Those are......cute.

Grand_Wag_85

Post by Grand_Wag_85 »

will e wrote:
Fixed it for ya. Heck just getting there and back can be an adventure!
For sure
82 J10
77 J10 Golden Eagle 401
88 GW

You know it's bad when your car is on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

tndonor

Post by tndonor »

If I see one in need of winching......Ill tell them their tow hooks are metric and my hook is SAE
1967 Jeep M715. Cummins HX35/HT3B NV4500 203/205 Doubler. HP60/14B. OBW. OBA.
Ive done my part to jump start the economy

Lumpskie

Post by Lumpskie »

You guys crack me up! I'm a Yota guy who just bought his first Jeep. (technically it's for my wife, but she isn't fixing it!) It's funny to see the same talk from the other side!
1989 Grand Wagoneer - Rebuilt 360, 2" Alcans, 10" travel Gabriel Guadian shocks.
1996 Land Cruiser - 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo (23psi), Wholesale Automatics 442f, F/R ARBs, 35" Duratracs, ARB Rear Bumper, OME 2" lift, home built sliders and aluminum belly skid
2000 Honda Civic - Integra GSR engine, transmission, shift linkage and axles, 200hp, 33 combined mpg
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 - 437hp/447ft-lb

Grand_Wag_85

Post by Grand_Wag_85 »

Lumpskie wrote:You guys crack me up! I'm a Yota guy who just bought his first Jeep. (technically it's for my wife, but she isn't fixing it!) It's funny to see the same talk from the other side!
Yeah you Toyota guys gotta copy EVERYTHING us Jeepers do. :P
82 J10
77 J10 Golden Eagle 401
88 GW

You know it's bad when your car is on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

Lumpskie

Post by Lumpskie »

Grand_Wag_85 wrote:
Lumpskie wrote:You guys crack me up! I'm a Yota guy who just bought his first Jeep. (technically it's for my wife, but she isn't fixing it!) It's funny to see the same talk from the other side!
Yeah you Toyota guys gotta copy EVERYTHING us Jeepers do. :P

Ha!
1989 Grand Wagoneer - Rebuilt 360, 2" Alcans, 10" travel Gabriel Guadian shocks.
1996 Land Cruiser - 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo (23psi), Wholesale Automatics 442f, F/R ARBs, 35" Duratracs, ARB Rear Bumper, OME 2" lift, home built sliders and aluminum belly skid
2000 Honda Civic - Integra GSR engine, transmission, shift linkage and axles, 200hp, 33 combined mpg
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 - 437hp/447ft-lb

cruiserguy

Post by cruiserguy »

Aaawwww ignorance is bliss in this crowd.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

Fleg

Post by Fleg »

Is this the part where the FJ guys feel the need to log on here to defend something?

I'll say it again, Cute......

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

I don't think so. While he has cruizer in his name his join date was Oct 2013.

Also, for the most part we have been giving props to the FJ's. (And just a little friendly teasing)

TUDrewser

Post by TUDrewser »

BTW...I, for one, prefer completely unorganized chaos. I've been to enough super organized car clubs (dues, officers, meeting minutes, blah blah) to really not be fond of them. Feels like an HOA meeting. Which is why I live somewhere with no HOA.
1990 GW "saved by Jerry" edition
will e wrote:I guess life is better if you are not moving too fast.

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

TUDrewser wrote:BTW...I, for one, prefer completely unorganized chaos. I've been to enough super organized car clubs (dues, officers, meeting minutes, blah blah) to really not be fond of them. Feels like an HOA meeting. Which is why I live somewhere with no HOA.
Same here! I also love being a trail hero. My first time in pay I got to help a guy with a busted motor mount and my second time I gave gas to a guy on a quad. I know we're all up there for the same reason and will lend a hand to anyone regardless of what they're driving, even an FJ. :)
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.