"New" straight hood

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
shimniok

"New" straight hood

Post by shimniok »

Thanks to help from Derf, TC is sporting a straight, white hood from an '88 in the junkyard.

The original was destroyed in an off-road accident on Slaughterhouse Gulch loop trail when a guy jumped out of his lifted Tacoma and it rolled back and onto TC's hood. That was around 10 years ago.

At the time, Fsjguy gave me a hood that served well but was badly smooshed so that the sheet metal flopped up and down going over bumps. And the hood ornament eventually broke off.

I know it isn't much and the rest of my rig has gotten pretty ugly, faded and rusty over the years, but I have to say, looking out over a nice straight hood sure puts a grin on my face. It's the little things...

Also we got it adjusted nicely, opening and closing to perfection. It is a thing of beauty. :D

sent from my MotoX
Broken Photobucket image in my post? PM me.
'86 GW "Troubled Child" tc.wagoneer.org
360, TBI, 4" Skyjacker, 33" BFG MTs, WT D44+ARB, WT AMC20 + LockRight, CB 2m 6m 70cm, K0FSJ
The world's first Robotic Full Size Jeep!

Lumpskie

Re:

Post by Lumpskie »

Nice! Looks good and I'm happy to see a hood ornament on it!
1989 Grand Wagoneer - Rebuilt 360, 2" Alcans, 10" travel Gabriel Guadian shocks.
1996 Land Cruiser - 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo (23psi), Wholesale Automatics 442f, F/R ARBs, 35" Duratracs, ARB Rear Bumper, OME 2" lift, home built sliders and aluminum belly skid
2000 Honda Civic - Integra GSR engine, transmission, shift linkage and axles, 200hp, 33 combined mpg
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 - 437hp/447ft-lb

jsinajeep

Re:

Post by jsinajeep »

Look better than the other one. Good pick.

derf

Re:

Post by derf »

I have to admit, I helped because I'm going to have to put my hood back on once the engine is in and I wanted someone else's to experiment on before I did it to mine. :P
W0JPR

Check out my gear ratio calculator

If you can't fix it with a hammer or duct tape you have an electrical problem.

Charles Kline

Re:

Post by Charles Kline »

Looks great!
Glad it worked out (and didn't get crushed!)

-Charles

Mdcptman

Re:

Post by Mdcptman »

Isnt it great when u fix something that has been bugging u for a long while? Its like Christmas
88 Grand Wagoneer
360/727/208
Edelbrock 2131, non-EGR
Holley 600
Hydroboost
Hedman headers
Dual exhaust
MSD 6A
TFI conversion
Rusty's 2" Add-a-Leaf kit
31 x 10.5 LT15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority Tires
S-10 Steering Box Mod

Quote From Friend's Mom:
"You don't rely on that vehicle do you?"

Topic author
shimniok

Re:

Post by shimniok »

Totally. Today I fixed up the rear tailgate... and discovered the reason the dash switch was inoperative for the last, I dunno, 10 years? It was just unplugged!
Broken Photobucket image in my post? PM me.
'86 GW "Troubled Child" tc.wagoneer.org
360, TBI, 4" Skyjacker, 33" BFG MTs, WT D44+ARB, WT AMC20 + LockRight, CB 2m 6m 70cm, K0FSJ
The world's first Robotic Full Size Jeep!

az chip

Re: Re:

Post by az chip »

shimniok wrote:Totally. Today I fixed up the rear tailgate... and discovered the reason the dash switch was inoperative for the last, I dunno, 10 years? It was just unplugged!
LOL! Wait, that sounds like me.
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.