Door seal

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Nutsiam

Door seal

Post by Nutsiam »

I was wondering if anyone has found the door seal along the hinge side of the door.
59A6D4AA-7AFE-479E-AD41-D72C3AA704D6.jpeg
I haven’t been able to find this seal on any of the grand Wagoneer parts store sights.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1988 Grand Wagoneer Buff Yellow New to me August 2019
1st GW 1988 Charcoal burnt to the ground. Ya CHARCOAL
1990 GW Parts vehicle, no motor, no fog lights, no right front marker light, no chrome on top of windshield. All parts moving to the buff one.

slackin'

Re: Door seal

Post by slackin' »

I had been wondering this too.
this seal and the seal above the door on the body I have yet to find.
luckily for me, my above-door seals were in really good shape so I could reuse.

Hspencer

Post by Hspencer »

I found this, it’s not exact but may work. They have other profiles as well and it self adhesive.

https://www.austinhardware.com/drip-rai ... esive.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1988 GW
1984 Wagoneer(SJ)
2008 JK

Topic author
Nutsiam

Post by Nutsiam »

I guess I need to look above the door. I haven’t notice that one yet. That seal would be a good option if no one chimes in with oem or close to it. My driver side along the hinge is worse that’s the one I have pictures. It’s all out of shape.
1990 GW Parts vehicle, no motor, no fog lights, no right front marker light, no chrome on top of windshield. All parts moving to the buff one.

Topic author
Nutsiam

Post by Nutsiam »

HSpencer looks like you have a lift on the right GW in your profile pic. got any more pics and how much lift and what brand.

Hspencer

Post by Hspencer »

Nutsiam wrote:HSpencer looks like you have a lift on the right GW got any more pics and how much lift and what brand.
The blue on on the right is a 3” Rough Country, it’s pretty stiff, running 32x10.5. The burgundy one has a 4” super lifts with 33x12.5, it rides much better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
1988 GW
1984 Wagoneer(SJ)
2008 JK

Topic author
Nutsiam

Post by Nutsiam »

Hspencer wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:13 pm
Nutsiam wrote:HSpencer looks like you have a lift on the right GW got any more pics and how much lift and what brand.
The blue on on the right is a 3” Rough Country, it’s pretty stiff, running 32x10.5. The burgundy one has a 4” super lifts with 33x12.5, it rides much better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you sir. I realized the other one had a lift after I went back and looked at the pics. Looks good

Topic author
Nutsiam

Post by Nutsiam »

slackin' wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:18 am I had been wondering this too.
this seal and the seal above the door on the body I have yet to find.
luckily for me, my above-door seals were in really good shape so I could reuse.
Just looked at my above door seals and they look pretty good.

PBG928

Post by PBG928 »

This rubber from Steele is an exact match. have used it on two of my cars.

https://www.steelerubber.com/extrusion-dense-70-2818-60

Topic author
Nutsiam

Post by Nutsiam »

PBG928 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:18 pm This rubber from Steele is an exact match. have used it on two of my cars.

https://www.steelerubber.com/extrusion-dense-70-2818-60
Thank you sir. Much appreciated. Now can you get a stubby screw drive in there or how do you go about removing the old and replacing the new.

PBG928

Post by PBG928 »

I think there is only one screw at top of door opposite the mirror. They were glued on lightly. New rubber has 3m tape. Follow pattern on door trim as there is a notch you will need to cut out. The rest are held in with plastic push pins. top of door frame is all push pins. If missing you should see about 4 holes per door. Again with tape on new rubber you won't need them.

Topic author
Nutsiam

Post by Nutsiam »

PBG928 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:05 am I think there is only one screw at top of door opposite the mirror. They were glued on lightly. New rubber has 3m tape. Follow pattern on door trim as there is a notch you will need to cut out. The rest are held in with plastic push pins. top of door frame is all push pins. If missing you should see about 4 holes per door. Again with tape on new rubber you won't need them.
Thanks again