1990 GW interior lights

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Jdm1990gw

1990 GW interior lights

Post by Jdm1990gw »

None of my interior lights work. Nor does the hood light. I checked the fuse and that’s good. Any advice on where else to look? FYI I already know about ol’ jeep

sirrus
Vendor

Re: 1990 GW interior lights

Post by sirrus »

I’d fuse is good, I’d start with interior lights dimmer, it does not control hood lamp though. Check that dimmer receives voltage from headlight switch and go from there. As with everything it can be full of green goo, so some cleaning may be in order

Hood lamp is probably out because of corroded contacts or mercury switch - you can take it apart and clean everything
Sometimes we reinvent the wheel not to have more wheels but to have more inventors

1988 Grand Wagoneer - AMC 360 with ProFlo4 MPFI, TF727, NP229 FOR SALE
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel - new shiny toy

GrandW

Post by GrandW »

Just a thought: Might start with the under hood as that's easiest. Make sure the bulb is good. If yes, run a direct ground out the back then power on. If still not lighting, keep the ground in, test for power with a multi-meter. If no power, check wire to why it's not getting power.
1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Topic author
Jdm1990gw

Post by Jdm1990gw »

Update on this is hood light works and interior floor lights work. None of the interior headliner lights work. I have to figure out where the wire is going up to this lights. I’m guessing it’s cut

Topic author
Jdm1990gw

Post by Jdm1990gw »

Problem solved! I checked my cargo light switch and figure out that was broken. I temporarily tied those 2 wires together eliminating the switch but still no lights. I found an old forum on here stating that the pink positive wire runs through the driver side “B” pillar. I pulled back the carpet just enough to locate the wire before it runs up the “B” pillar. I peeled back the pink positive wire jacket. I then spliced in a new wire into the pink wire near the fuse box and touched the other end of that wire to the part of the wire by the “B” pillar where I peeled the jacket back. HOLY LIGHTS BATMAN. Everything light up because I forgot I left all the switches on. Even the vanity light in the passenger visor came on. Apparently there is a break in that pink wire somewhere under the driver seat