83 Cherokee Rear Glasss

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
refinemrh

83 Cherokee Rear Glasss

Post by refinemrh »

I have been tearing down my 83 Cherokee for a full body off restoration. I have a dumb question. I have removed all the dash and wire harness except the rear tailgate/glass harness. I want to remove the glass but do not know how I can lower the glass since I have removed the dash and wiring. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

sirrus
Vendor

Re: 83 Cherokee Rear Glasss

Post by sirrus »

You can connect battery directly to motor wires to roll it up or down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sometimes we reinvent the wheel not to have more wheels but to have more inventors

1988 Grand Wagoneer - AMC 360 with ProFlo4 MPFI, TF727, NP229 FOR SALE
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel - new shiny toy

Topic author
refinemrh

Post by refinemrh »

I thought that is what I should do but I did not want to burn anything out or lock anything up. Thanks for your help.

candymancan

Post by candymancan »

You can alao open the panel. Lay on your back with a looong flat tip screw driver and flash light in your mouth or on your head with a strap. And find the two clips on on each aide. And pry them off. And the window will slide down then you can open the tailgate and pull the window out. Just note if your window has a working desfroster.. disconnect the wires for it so you dont rip them out

I do it all the time in the salvage yard. Or just jump the motor doesnt matter which way positive or negative go. Either hole will roll it up or down just swap the two holes until you find the one that goes down. Although you gatta have it rolled down all the way to open the tailgate.. so that might be hard.

I think taking the clips off is easier
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

Topic author
refinemrh

Post by refinemrh »

I got the the glass and motor assembly removed. Thanks for all the great information