Is there a way to adjust the electric seat manually?

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
barryho

Is there a way to adjust the electric seat manually?

Post by barryho »

My seat is stuck in a reclined position and its pretty unbearable to drive. The recline function is the only one that doesn't work. I took off the switch and cleaned the connections but no luck. Do I need to just replace the seat motor or do you think it is just the switch? The motor is fairly weak, and I am just trying to plan my next move before I start driving it a ton in the spring.

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: Is there a way to adjust the electric seat manually?

Post by Stuka »

I would try running 12V to the side of the swatch that you want it to work in. That way you bypass the switch. If it works, you can set the seat as you like, and know you need to replace the switch. If it doesn't work, you can try getting 12V straight to the motor itself in case the wire is bad. But it could also be an issue with a bad ground or the like.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

sirrus
Vendor

Post by sirrus »

I’d say a broken wire between switch and motor, since bad ground would probably render the whole power seat inoperable. Maybe unbolt the seat and take a look at the wiring under it?
Sometimes we reinvent the wheel not to have more wheels but to have more inventors

1988 Grand Wagoneer - AMC 360 with ProFlo4 MPFI, TF727, NP229 FOR SALE
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel - new shiny toy

Topic author
barryho

Post by barryho »

Stuka wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:11 pm I would try running 12V to the side of the swatch that you want it to work in. That way you bypass the switch. If it works, you can set the seat as you like, and know you need to replace the switch. If it doesn't work, you can try getting 12V straight to the motor itself in case the wire is bad. But it could also be an issue with a bad ground or the like.
Great idea, thanks!

Topic author
barryho

Post by barryho »

sirrus wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:17 pm I’d say a broken wire between switch and motor, since bad ground would probably render the whole power seat inoperable. Maybe unbolt the seat and take a look at the wiring under it?
good idea,I'll get on that tomorrow. I was hoping there was some sort of magical manual way to override.